Chapter twenty two

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 22*

Amahle parked her car outside the yard near the tent.it was very busy and everyone was busy moving around others singing and dancing.others were cooking and some people were starting to arrive.she walked inside the yard and looked for someone she knew and she saw Nkateko her boyfriend’s cousin.she waved and went there.
Nkateko: Amahle its so good to see you.
Amahle:its good to see you too.where’s your cousin?
Nkateko:he’s left already.
Amahle:but he said I will find him here.he is the one who said I must come here.
Nkateko:did he tell you what is going on?
Amahle:no,but I will wait until I see him.
Nkateko: girl it looks like you are in the dark.i have to tell you something.
Amahle:what is it?
“Nkateko lets go or we will be late.”
She ran to where she was being called..Amahle just stood there not knowing what to do.she went to the ladies who were cooking and asked whats going on.
Amahle:sawubona.bayaphi abantu?
Woman:oh it’s a wedding day here.One of the khosa boys is getting married.
Amahle:oh that’s great.thank you.
She went to her car and drove off following the cars that were driving to the venue.after a few minutes she parked near the hall.
Amahle:maybe Themba wanted me to be his date…..or maybe he couldn’t meet me because he is a groomsman.let me get in.
She locked her car and went inside and sat on the third row.a song started playing and she looked behind her.she saw guys standing by the door.her phone beeped.”you look beautiful today Hlehle.thank you for coming .”she was confused by the message that Themba sent.they passed and went to stand at the front where the pastor is standing.then a song for the bride started and there she was walking to where he was.she was surprised.more shocked.she temporarly blacked out.tears falling.she wasn’t concerntrating anymore.she only realised people leaving when someone nudged her.she looked up and her tears fell more.
Themba:babe this is her,Amahle.
She quickly wiped her tears.
Amahle:nice to meet you.congratulations.
Woman:thank you.we are going to take pictures,you can join us.
Amahle:thanks.
They all went outside.all that was in her head was that Themba didn’t even regret anything.he had a stupid grin on his face.the couple got in their fancy car and she went close to it and picked a big stone and threw it on the windscreen and went to the back of the car and threw another stone breaking the glass.she didn’t wait to hear what anyone was saying.she ran to her car crying.she drove off in speed.all the way she was crying and heartbroken.she stopped at a garage and filled her car and went out to buy pain block and water..she had an excruciating  headache.she went back to her car and drank it.someone knocked on her window.she opened and was annoyed.
Amahle:what do you want?are you following me?
Man:I saw you driving away crying. you cant go back to Pretoria  in this state.
Amahle:well Brian,if your brother sent you to go after me then tell him he’s succeeded in breaking my heart.
Brian:okay lets go to a b&b, I cant let you drive.
She got out and went to buy alcohol.
Amahle:I just want to numb my pain.im not a drunkard.
Brian:I didn’t say you are. now lets go.
…….
“so you are just going to leave without telling me?”
Amahle:sorry,I thought you were still sleeping
Brain:sit down,at least let me order breakfast for you.
Amahle:I really have to go.
Brian:eat first,then you can go.
Amahle:okay.thanks for yesterday.
Brian:it’s the least I could do.i couldn’t let you drive in that state,what if something had happened to you?
Amahle:thank you,you have a good heart.
He ordered with room service.
Brian:what were you doing there anyway?i thought you two broke up.
Amahle:is that what he told you?your brother is a dog.he texted me to come,he’s evil.
Brian:but did you have to break his car though?
Amahle:he deserved it.he’s lucky I didn’t burn it.
Brian:you would do that?
Amahle:yes,I just felt sorry for him.
Brian:remind me not to mess up with you.but you know he loves you right?
Amahle:could have fooled me.

At the prison.
Kele:I think this was a bad Idea
Muzi:lets just hear what she wants.
The guard came with Natasha in her orange uniform.she sat on the chair.
Natasha:thank you for coming.
Kele:we had no choice.you said its important.
Muzi:how are you?
Natasha:im good,thanks for asking.
Muzi:so why did you want us to come here?
Natasha:I have something important to tell you.im going to appeal my case.
Kele:what!?
Natasha:yes,I’ve been wrongly accused.
Muzi:you killed our parents.i loved you but you went and killed my mother and father!
Kele:you deserve to rot in here.
Natasha:I’ve been telling you that im not guilty.i pleaded with you muzi to not let me get arrested but you just stood there and did nothing.i called you to come and visit because I had something important to tell you but you refused to come.you know I would never hurt you like that because I love you.
Kele:but you killed our parents.you are exactly like your mother.
Natasha:im not!your mother takes me as her daughter so why would I harm her?
Muzi:yet you burnt her!
Natasha:are you listening to me?i said she treats me as her daughter,meaning she’s still alive.
Kele:what do you mean alive?
Natasha:your mother didn’t die in that fire.do you see this scar?
She lifted her top.
Natasha:I got burnt rescuing them.they did not die.
Muzi:but the ashes….
Natasha:those people didn’t do a proper job.if you had come earlier when I kept calling maybe I would have long told you.you wouldn’t have mourned someone who’s alive.
Kele:where are they?
Natasha:I cant tell you now.the people who burnt the house might follow you and finish the job.as im speaking to you now maybe they know that you are here.this is the last time I will talk to you until im out of here.
Kele:muzi she’s lying!
Natasha:im not lying man.ok look,talk to my father,he will tell you everything.but please,until the real culprit is caught you cant talk to your parents or even call them.
Muzi:where are they?
Natasha:they are somewhere safe,don’t tell anyone about this.
Muzi:I hope for your sake you are not lying.
Natasha:why would I lie to you?i have nothing to lose.
Muzi:this is a lot to take in!
Guard:time almost up.
Nata:another thing,go and talk to my father today Muzi.He has something important to tell you.
Muzi:you’ve already said a lot,I don’t think I can handle more.
Nata:just so you know,I never stopped loving you.i know maybe you moved on.but know I will always love you.
Guard:time up!
Natasha:my appeal is this coming weekend.
The judge escorted her back to her cell.
………
Kkele:what do you think Muzi?
Muzi:she seemed genuine.but how can I believe her?all the proof was there.
Kele:maybe she’s telling the truth.can we please go to her father?i want to hear what he’s saying.
Muzi:her father doesn’t stay here.he’sin Angola.
Kele:lets try her apartment,we might find him there.
Muzi:you are really into this thing.
Kele:muzi I want my mother okay,I had just found her and she was suddenly taken from me.
Muzi:okay stop crying.i will drive there.
They drove to where Natasha used to stay and pressed the button at the gate.
Voice:who is there?
Muzi:its Muzi, Muzi Khumalo
Voice:okay,they will open for you.
Soon the gate was opened and they went in.
n.dad:muzi welcome.how are you Angel?
Kele:im fine and you sir?
n.dad:you can still call me dad okay?anyway im fine.i take it natasha told you to come see me.
Muzi:yes,she said you have something important to tell me.
n.dad:ye….Yoselyn!
a little girl came .
Yoselyn:yes papa.
n.dad:say hi to them.
It became silent.Muzi and his sister just stood there saying nothing.
Jose:dada!
She ran and hugged Muzi.he picked her hugging her tightly.
Muzi:is she my little girl?
n.dad:yes,she knows about you.thats why she recognised you.i always show her your pictures.
Muzi:thank you so much.for raising her.
n.dad:she’s my daughter’s child.i did what I had to.
Muzi:why didn’t you tell me about her?
n.dad:I don’t have your number and everytime her mother called you didn’t pick up.
Muzi: baby you see your aunt?this is auntie Angel..
Kele:she’s so beautiful muzi.look at her hair.
She had long curly hair.
“mr Antonio where is that….”
Kele:mama what are you doing here?
Lerato:oh I didn’t know you guys were here.how are you?
Kele:we are fine,what are you doing here?
Lerato:im your friend’s lawyer.
Kele:mama you knew and didn’t tell us!
Lerato: angel calm down.you will upset the babies.yes I knew,I just found out a few months ago when they approached me to be their lawyer.
Muzi:why didn’t you sya anything ma?
Lerato:muzi this is a dangerous matter.even me being involved is dangerous,im just doing this because I care about your parents.im doing this for the family.wouldnt you want your parents and sister back?
Kele:we do but…
Lerato:that’s all that matters.dont tell anyone about this,not your brothers or sisters.even your fathers.
Muzi:have you seen them?
Lerato:yes,they are fine.they miss you too.if all goes well they will be home soon.
Kele:why don’t they come home now?
n.dad:they cant come before natasha is out of prison.if they come then it will be trouble.first we have to get the real culprits in jail thn it will be safe for them to come back.we cant risk it.
Muzi:can I go with Joselyn ?
n.dad:not possible.how will you explain her to your family?we don’t want to take risks.and that criminal is still out there.
“sorry for being late,I was still dealing with something.”
Kele:you too!
Clint:I take it you already know what is going on.
Lerato:yes they do. Clinton is also helping with the case.
Kele:muzi I want to go home.
Muzi:i will come tomorrow and see my child.
Clint:you cant come here.Antonio let him take the kid with.he might be seen coming here and that’s a bad idea.we are dealing with dangerous people here.
n.dad:don’t let her out of your sight.
Muzi:thank you.