Chapter twenty six

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 26*

*Amahle*

If i ever thought i would have a peaceful life then I've been fooling myself. I should be trying to get over Themba but how will i when he keeps on calling? It doesn't help that i loved...love this man so much. But then polygamy again! I don't think I'm built for that.
Mom:you are too far. What are you thinking about? I hope it's not this polygamy rubish? I'm not going to allow it.
Me:mom...
Bongi:don't tell me you're thinking of doing it.
Me:mama he loves me.  And i love him...i tried forgetting about him but it's not working. I don't know what to do. I had convinced myself that I'd never be his second wife but now it's all i think about.
Bongi:get it out of your mind.
Me:mom am i evil for considering marrying him? I mean...im causing pain to another human being. I bet she's always crying because of me.
Bongi:then stop this madness. That's reason enough for you not to think about it. That woman may have said yes but she's hurting. And you are coming between a man and his wife here. That's not how i raised you. But that's all up to you.
After saying that she took Nathii and left my room. This is very hard for me. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. My head says this and my heart that.

I even fell asleep thinking about it. I ended up calling Themba so that we can talk. He said he'd meet me at Protea hotel. In the morning i woke up and showered. I got ready to leave. Even Nathi was ready.
Me:mama I'm leaving.
Mom:leave my grandson. You're  not going to use him into whatever is going on between you and his father.
Me:im not using him. Im just going to talk with his father. Tell him that ican't do that?
Mom:really? You even dressed up for him. I don't think he will agree to whatever you tell him if you're this beautiful.
Me:mom.
She laughed laughed leaving with Nathi. All the way i kept on thinking about how im going to start the conversation.  I arrived and knocked on his door. My hands were even sweating. When he opened the door i found myself stuck on the same spot i was standing on.
Themba:welcome sweetheart.
He pulled me to him and wanted to kiss me but I stopped him.
Me:im not here for that. We have to talk.
Themba:i missed you so much. We will talk later.
Me:Themba I'm serious.
Themba:im also serious.
There was no way of getting through to him.
Themba:you look so beautiful. As always.  But today you're more beautiful than ever.
I smiled. He always complimented me. He knows how to put a smile on my face.
Me:um thanks.
Me and him were standing in front of the door with me leaning against it. There was not much space to move.
Me:can you please move a bit?
Themba:not before I do this.
He grabbed me and kissed me. He picked me up walking to the bed. He was touching me all over my body while kissing. I came back to my senses when i felt his hand on my back. He was about to take my dress off. His wife's face appeared to me and guilt washed over me.
Ne:stop! We can't do this. You're married.
Themba: sweetheart. Please accept my marriage proposal.
He got off me and slept on the other side.
Themba:you know how much i love you. And you can't deny the love that you have for me. We love each other. When i touch you, you try to fight it but you can't control yourself. I can't help but fall more in love with you. You're the only thing missing in my life. I promise you i will love and treat you like you deserve to be treated. You're a queen. You deserve everything fit for a queen.
I looked at him. I could see that he's genuine. He really means it but i just don't think I'm ready to put myself into what he's asking. I'm even scared of his wife. Not to mention his mother. She really really hate me. So me marrying her son would fuel that hate. That's why I think letting this relationship go is a better choice.  Because his mother will always be a thorn in my life.
Themba:can you promise me one thing?
Me:what?
Themba:that you'll think about this. You can take all the time you need.
Me:Themba you're a selfish person. Abd heartless too. How canyou ask me to marry you without even considering how your wife must be feeling?
Themba:I've talked to her before we even started this relationship. She knew i was going to marry you and she understands. She knows i love you.
Me:wow. Can't you see that this is also hurting her? She may have said yes but she's still hurting. I'm not going to add to her pain. If i knew you were married i wouldn't have dated you in the first place. I can't believe im even here.
Themba: Amahle me and you are meant to be. You're the one i really love.
Me:but you also love your wife.
Themba:it's not the same!
Me:don't shout.
Themba:i didn't think i would tell you this but I have to.  I love you more than i love her. If i met you first i would have married you abd not her. And i won't rest until me and you are husband and wife.
I looked at him thinking he would say he's joking. But he looked serious. Way too serious for my liking.

I got up and fixed myself and left. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. This is not my first relationship but it was different. I really loved this man. Still do.I don't think i will ever stop. Tears couldn't stop falling. When i got to my car i cried. I thought about our memories together. The time we spent together. The love he showed to me. Then thought about his wofe and whether i would allow my husband to take a second wife or not. The answer that i got just showed that I'd never allow it. So i made the right decision. It was hard but i was willing to stabd by it.