Chapter four

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 4*

Ever since that day I haven’t met the brother who made it possible for me to go to school.Since that day Tebza hasn’t talked to me.But other than that I have been well.i even visited my brother, took him out and he was so happy about that.We had a great day I moved into res today and I haven’t met my flatmate.I think she has a class.im busy packing my clothes in my closet when I hear noise in the litchen.i finish and go to look at what is happening.
Voice:hi.
Me:hey.You must be my flatmate.
Voice:yes,im zoe.
Me:im Kelebogile,nice to meet you.
Zoe:nice to meet you too.These are my friends Beauty and Lisa.
Me:nice to meet you.
Lisa:so Kele what are you studying?
Me:criminology and you?
Lisa:all of us are doing engineering.
Me:wow that’s interesting.So you all met here?
Zoe:I met Beauty and Lisa here.They are sisters.
Me:okay,see you around.
I went back to my room and changed into a dress and just decided to take a walk around campus.The main campus is so big.i only got around the humanities building.Then I decided to walk back to my res.My phone rings and I see that its Tebza.
Me:hi.
Tebza:Kele how are you ?
Me:im good and you?
Tebza:im good.im outside your res.
Me:okay. Im coming now.
I went straight to where he was.He was parked by the gate.He came out and opened the door for me.He drove us to the mall.
Tebza:if im correct you are staying at a self-catering residence right?
Me:yes.
Tebza:we are going to buy groceries for you.Or else you will starve.
Me:thanks.Can I ask something?
Tebza:sure.
Me:all of these things that your boss is doing for me,will I have to pay them back?
Tebza:how do you make one of your own pay you back?My brother would never do that to you.
Me:your brother?
Im confused. What if they make me pay back this money?
Tebza:yes.He will never make you pay him back.
Me:I don’t even know him.
Tebza:soon you will.
Me:thank you.im really grateful for all of this.Tell him I said thank you.He has a good heart.
Tebza:I will make sure that he knows.
We went to the shops and started at shoprite.
Tebza:take anything that you want.Something that will last for maybe two months.
I started doing my grocery and after a while I was done.
Tebza:this is not food fit for a month.Wait here im coming.
What does this guy mean cos this food almost filled a trolley?He comes back pushing another trolley.
Tebza:next month I wont be around.So I must make sure that you will not starve.Now lets do what we are here for.Dont forget to also take plates and thins that you will use.
He started taking mixed portions,meat,wors,mealie meal.He was taking a lot of things and I was just looking at him.After he was satisfied he stopped and we went to pay.We took the plastics to the car and came back.We went to clicks and he went with me to the pads row.i was uncormfortable and he noticed.Then he laughed.
Tebza:don’t be uncomfortable.i do shopping for my little sister all the time.
Me:wow.You have a sister?
Tebza:yes.she’s in grade 10.
Me:okay.
I took everything that I wanted then we left.we went to a market to buy takeaways and then he drove me back to res.we unloaded my things and he helped me take them to my flat.The girls were still there.
Tebza:im leaving now.Take care of yourself.
Me:thank you.You also take care of yourself.
Tebza:bye.
……….
Lisa:you have a handsome brother.
Me:thanks.
Zoe:di number nyana?
Me:he’s married.
Zoe:I wouldn’t mind being his sidechick.
Me:not happening.
Beauty:wow you bought so many things.Are you eve going to finish them?
Mme:no.Its also for next month.
Lisa:I wish I had a brother like yours.
Me:not everything is as it seems.Be grateful for what you have.
My phone beeped.:R10 000 deposited from T Mbatha. My mouth opened and I just froze.
Lisa:are you okay?
Me:um yeah I am fine.
Somehow I think this money is from Tebza.i don’t know how I will ask him because I don’t even have his number.
“wow!thats a lot of money!.”
Me:stop sneaking up on me.
Zoe:I wanted to see what was so interesting in your phone.So are you a bursary student or you are one of those rich kids?
Me:I use a bursary why?
Zoe:just asking.
Me:oh.
I packed my things in the cupboards and fridge then I came across a piece of paper.”I knew you wouldn’t accept a card if I gave you so I will deposit money into your account.”
Oh my God! What if there is no brother  here?what if this guy is just buying me?i cant have him demanding things from me.i run to my room and lock myself in.i type the numbers from the paper.it rings for a few seconds.
Me:hello,is this Tebza?
Tebza:yes.whats wrong Kelebogile?
He even knows my voice!
Me:why are you sending me money?are you buying me?please im not interested.
Tebza:im not buying you.Just use the money to spoil yourself and your brother or something.
Me:please stop sending me money.You don’t even know me that much to give me R10 000.i understand you buying me groceries but its getting too much now.
Tebza:okay.if that’s how you feel I will talk to my brother to stop.
Me:okay shap.
I cut the call and released a sigh.I am very grateful for what he has done.May God bless him!But it makes me uncomfortable .