Chapter twenty eight

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 28*

*AMAHLE*

Themba:Amahle! Wake up!
Me:mmh. What's wrong?
Themba: I've been waking you up for a long time now. I thought...thank God you're up.
He hugged me tightly.
Me:what is it?
Themba:don't scare me like that again baby. If something happens to you i won't take it.
Me:i was just sleeping. Where's Nathi?
Themba:sleeping in his cot. Nhlamulo already left with the kids.
Me:did i sleep that much?
Themba:you must have been tired.
Me:babe you can go now. I'm fine...why are you smiling now?
Themba:you called me babe after so many months. God is good.
Me:lol. Are you sure you're alright?
Themba:yes. You're fine so im fine. Get up so you can have breakfast.
Me:you cooked?
Themba:you know i always cook for you.
Me:don't start. I can cook now. Okay just a bit.

He always made fun of me not being able to cook. But not in a bad way.
Themba:i enjoy cooking for my baby.

He kissed my forehead and got out of the room. I smiled. Oh God! I'm in love with someone's huaband! I took my phone and called Buhle.
Buhle:when last did you call me?
Me:hello sisi. How are you?
Buhle: im good. Now tell me how is it going there? Are you alright? Are they treating you well?
Me:yes im good. Nhlamulo the wife was here yesterday. She left today.
Buhle:how's she?
Me:she's nice. I can't believe she agreed to all of this.
Buhle:she may have agreed but watch out. We don't want anything happening to you. How's my brother in law treating you?
Me:good.
Buhle:that's better. But remember! Monster in law will always be looking at you. Don't forget about her.
Me:don't remind me about that one. You know she just gets on my nerves all the time.
Buhle:you can't say that about your future mother in law.
Me:but i can't change how i feel about her.
Buhle:at least pretend.
Me:you know that's not my thing. One day I'll lose it and speak my mind im telling you. Anyway bye. Have a good day.
I made the bed and showered then went to have breakfast. Themba was just sitting there zoned out.
Me:babe im here.
Themba:oh. We can eat.
Me:is something bothering you?

He just stared at me smiling. But i know a fake smile when I see one. We ate in silence. After we were done i washed the dishes. We spebt the day together. We had a good time. I love every minute of it.

Themba:babe i have to tell you something.
I nodded.
Themba:me and...
He was distributed by someone knocking at the door. He came back furious with his mother. What's she doing here? She wasn't alone. She was with some woman.
Me:sawubona ma.
Ma:what is she doing here? Is she the reason my daughter in law had to go back home early?
Me:ma i don't f...
Woman:hey! You're not ashamed being in another woman's house and in her husband's shirt!

Shit! I totally forgot that i wasn't wearing anything. Just his t shirt. I decided to go and change
Me:sorry ma.
Woman:you're not going anywhere. I want you to know the damage you have caused. My niece goes to sleep every night with a broken heart. Ahe cries herself to sleep. This behavior of yours shows that you were not raised well. It shows exactly what kind of a woman your mother is!

Where does my mother enter in this now? This woman is going too far talking about my mother now.

Me:with all due respect ma...
Ma:don't! I want you to pack everything that belongs to you and get out of here. I'm not going to repeat myself.

Themba:are you done talking? Huh? I want you two to get out of here. I don't care where you will go. You will leave this house in peace.
Ma: Themba my son this is you kicking your mother out?
Themba:when you're ready to treat my wife to be with respect you will come back.
Ma: I am not going anywhere.

She went and sat on the couch.
Ma:take our bags to my room.

That was directed to me. I took the bags to the room and then changed. I went back to the lounge. It was quiet and the bad mood that we were in when I took the bags had worsened. I don't know what's going on but it's like someone had died or something like that.
Woman: are you happy now that you're breaking my niece's family? Are you?
Me:mama i don't understand. Nhlamulo agreed to this. She even talked to me and said it's fine.
Woman:you're not going to last here. Not on another woman's tears. Did you tell him to ask for a divorce?