Chapter nine

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 9*

Mandla:im done. Now im all yours.
Me:okay. I wanted to ask you something. I heard you say my family thought im dead. How did you know that?
Mandla:babe im friends with your brothers. Most of the time i go to your parents home and I'd see how your mother cried when it was your birthday. They once talked about how you died. The topic about you affected your mother badly but she did not stop talking about you.
Me:oh...you know back then there was a stylist that once came at the club and she told me i looked like someone she knows. But you...you didn't say anything. I look like your best friends but you said nothing.
Mandla:im sorry.
Me:but you could have said something and maybe i would have called them.  Maybe i wouldn't have suffered like i did!
Mandla: so you are now blaming me for your suffering? Don't you think  I would have done something about it if i could?
Me:im sorry but you could have maybe given me their numbers. You just went quiet for two years.
Mandla:do you think i kept quiet for two years just for no reason? I promised you and i was going to fulfil that promise. I would have given you their numbers but did it ever occur in your head that there were cameras in that room? Do you know what i went through trying to save you? Do you see this scar?(he lifted up his tshirt) I got shot trying to save you! I went into a coma for a year and few months! The bullets hit right next to my heart. Three of them! Do you know how i might have felt knowing that i can die at any time? But because I knew that i had to fight so that i can come and rescue you i fought! I paid a lot of money to people so that i can be able to get you. Do you know how i felt at first knowing that im the reason that  im the reason that woman burnt inside that club? Her people can come after me anytime if they find out. But i don't care about all of that. I care about you! So you blaming me for your suffering is rubbish. I did all i could to get you out of there.
Me:im sorry. I didn't know.
Mandla:it hasn't even been a week since we started dating but we're already arguing. Can we spend our time not arguing and do something else?
Me:im sorry. You're right.
Mandla:let's get to know each other. That would be better.
Me:you know everything about me. Im the one who doesn't know things about you.
Mandla:come here.
He picked me up and left the study going to the lounge.
Me:what if the girls see us?
Mandla: they will cheer for their daddy.
Me:no!
Mandla:im joking. Tebogo left with them.
We sat on the couch.
Mandla:you can  ask anythingyou want to know.
Me:tell me about Mandla. Who is he?
Mandla:what you see is what you get. Mandla Mbatha is a guy born and bred in Soweto. That's where i grew up. My father moved from KZN  to Soweto years ago. I'm an engineer. Also a businessman. I own company with your brothers. And im just a man in love with this lady in front of me. My future wife.
Me:really babe?
Mandla:yes. I've found my life partner. In you i see the mother of my kids. My wife. And i won't let anything stand in my way. I know your family will havea problem with our relationship but we will go through that.
Me:how old are you?
Mandla:35. My age is not a problem to you right?
Me:no. It's not a problem. Don't hurt me please. I don't think i can handle it.
Mandla:I'll treat your heart like a glass. I won't let it break.
Me:thank you. Do you have any siblings? I only know Tebza.
Mandla:yes. From my mother's side i have two other siblings. Nadia and Kagiso. Then From my step mother it's four.
Me:that's nice. I always wanted to know how it feels to grow up with brothers and sisters.
Mandla:nowyou will. How was your day at the Khumalos?
Me:it was good. But i think something is wrong with uncle Vusi. I can't get it...i don't know. And he's bossy.
Mandla: that's how he is. He's overprotective of his family and he ends up being bossy.
Me:i felt like he was forcing the family on me. He was like"you are a Khumalo. Abo Khumalo have brought you home. Now you have to come home. If you don't come i will fetch myself. "
Mandla:did you meet Mazwi?
Me:i met all of them. uncle Mazwi is scary. He has a serious face. The one who is a pastor he's fine. He's the most friendly one.
Mandla:your father?
Me:he's also friendly. Maybe it's because I don't know him.
Mandla:u right? You're bleeding on your nose.
Me:i have a headache.
Mandla:you are burning up. Im taking you to the hospital.
Me:I'll be fine. It happens sometimes.
Mandla:and you don't tell me!? What if something worse happens and you're alone?
Me:i just have to get a grandpa then I'll be fine. Let me lie down. I'll be fine.