Chapter fifteen

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 15*

Today is my white wedding day.We had the traditional wedding last month and everything went well.We are getting married at our place,its huge and has a big backyard.im in the hotel room getting ready.My mothers are busy fixing my dress.even if I say so myself I look so beautiful.
Mom:I cant believe my angel is getting married.
Bongi: Cleo even when Emmy got married you cried.
Mom:I cant help it.All my daughters are leaving me,soon it will be sphe.
Lerato:stop crying,this is a happy day.
Mom:im so happy for you my child.
Me:thanks mom.
Lilitha:uziphathe Kakhle okay?And take care of your husband.
Nompumello:and treat everyone with respect.we wish you luck.
Me:thank you.
Amanda:don’t cry now,you will ruin your makeup.
I heard commotion by the door.i also heard Nadia’s voice.Mandla’s little sister.The door opened.The rude sisters came in.
Ntombi:fat coloured,you look beautiful.
Nadia:wena,im going to sweep this floor with your ass.If you dare ruin my brother’s wedding there will be hell to pay.
She sounded so scary.i remember this one time she beat Ntombi up just because I told her that she called me fat coloured.
Nadia:and get out of here,we don’t need you.
They left clicking their tongues.
Nadia:are you okay?
Me:yes,thanks.
Mom:come everyone.Lets pray.
We held hands and she started praying.
Mom:father God in the mighty name of jesus.we thank you for this new day.a day in which you have chosen for us to be happy and rejoice in it.father we ask for your guidance as our children are getting married.bless them and their union.may you keep them safe and  let nothing come between them.i pray  for everything to go well.let no one try to separate them.thank you amen.
Nadia:thank you.dont worry about those two,im going to sit next to them and make sure they don’t do anything stupid.
We heard a knock on the door and my dad came in.
Dad:its time.
They all left and I was left with dad.
Dad:my angel,you are grown now and you are going to start your own family.but that doesn’t mean that we are deserting you.you are always welcome at home.if it gets hard,the door is always open.you can come home anytime you want.i love you.
Me:I love you too dad.
We went to the wedding venue.a song by vusi nova,ngikuthandile started playing.we walked down the aisle and reached where Mandla was standing.
Dad:Mbatha take care of my angel.i don’t want us to have any problems.
Mandla:yebo baba.
Pastor:we are gathered here to unite these two.this is a wonderful day,we are here celebrating the love of these two.if there is anyone who wants these two not to get married talk now or forever hold your piece.
It was quiet then the pastor continued.
PASTOR:do you Mandlakhe Mbatha take Kelebogile Angel Khumalo to be your lawfully wedded wife?
Mandla:I do
Pastor:and do you Kelebogile Angel Khumalo take Mandlakhe Mbatha to be your lawful wedded husband
Me:I do.
Pastor:our beautiful couple have written their own vows.I’d like to give them this chance to say them.
Mandla:mmh…sthandwa sam…makhumalo omuhle….ngiya bonga ngokung’khetha.i love you,I will love you now,tomorrow and forever.you know,when you came into my life,I had told myself that marriage is not for me.but you came and changed that.i startd seeing the future in a different way.you made me want things that I didn’t think of.you made me a better man.and I will always appreciate you for that.you changed me into a better person.i promise that I will love you no matter what.i will protect and take care of you.for better or for worse.and in sickness and in health.for as long as I live I promise you nothing but to love you.
Me:um…when I come here I had everything planned in my head on what im going to say but now its all gone(people laughed)I will just speak from the heart.The first time I met you,even though it was under different circumstance,I knew you were going to be a part of my life.i felt the connection we had.then as I got to know you I fell in love with you.then my love for you started increasing.i know im not perfect. But I promise to be a good wife,take care of you.i will always be there for you.No matter what,in health and in sickness.For better and for worse.I WILL ALWAYS BE BY YOUR SIDE.
W all put in our rings.
Pastor:I now pronounce you husband and wife,you may now kiss your bride.
It was as if this is the moment my husband was waiting for.he pulled me to him and gave me one long kiss.we go for our reception and everyone is having fun eating and dancing.it has been a very good day.i see my husband looking very happy today like he has won the lottery.i see his sisters approaching me with some beautiful model like woman.They stand in front of me smiling.
Woman:congratulations on your wedding.
Me:thank you.
Khanyi:this is Sammy my frind,Mandla’s true love.
Me:oh,you mean the one night stand.Mh,he told me about her.If you will excuse me,some of us have husbands waiting for us.
I gave them a fake smile and left thm there.what was she trying bringing her to my wedding though?some women!i find my husband waiting for me outside thanking people for coming to our wedding.
Me:babe we can leave now.
He whisks me off the ground and walks to the car.
Mandla:my wife.
He cant stop smiling.
Mandla:finally!i can call you my wife.i love you MaKhumao.My beautiful queen.
Me:I love you too my handsome man.i cant believe that we are married.i feel like im dreaming.After all that I went through,I thought no man would ever want me.
Mandla:leave all of that in the past,im gonna love you like never before.
Me:thank you.
Mandla:these twins of mine are making you more beautiful.
Me:baby im not pregnant hle
Mandla:I know my work.Even if you are not yet,when we come back from the honeymoon you will be.we are not going there to rest.
Me:god…im so scared.
Mandla:you should be.
……..