Chapter six

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 6*

Me and Muzi have been friends for a few months now.i enjoy his company and he’s so overprotective over me.You’d swear I am a child the way he is like with me.Any guy who comes close to me he threatens them .Anyway we are now at res and we are baking.He knows how to bake and he’s been trying to teach me.But its not working.
Me:I think you lied to me.Those muffins were baked by your mother.
Muzi:okay,you got me.
Me:I knew it.
Zoe:babe im leaving,I will see you tomorrow.
Muzi:what is this stupid girl doing here?
Zoe:tell your brother not to mess up with me.
Muzi:stay away from her!
Me:whats going on?
She ignored me and left.
Muzi:nxa!And wena,where were you yesterday?we were supposed to meet my family.
Me:sorry I forgot.i went to this party with Zoe..
Muzi?:party?Damn it man Kelebogile!
Me:stop shouting.
Muzi:I don’t want you going to these parties again.
Me:my father is dead so please stop acting like him.
Muzi:(he looked like he was hurt.)
Me:im sorry.
Muzi:come lets sit down.You know why I don’t want you going ?That girl is dangerous.She sells girls.She will make you trust her then sell you.If it was up to me you would move out of here.Was it the first time going to her parties?
Me:no,it’s the third time.
Muzi:don’t cry.i wont let her do anything to you.
Me:why do people think Im some object they can just sell?Am I cursed?
Muzi:no you are not.you are not cursed.
Me:I have to tell you something.But promise not to judge me.
Muzi:I will never do that.You know you are like my sister.You are actually my sister.i don’t care what you say.
Me:im not your sister.i long told you that people can look alike so please stop with this twin thing.You have to accept that your twin died,that is one of the reasons I don’t want to meet your family.
Muzi:im sorry.you can continue.
Me:I was a prostitute..
Muzi:what!
Me:you promised not to judge.
Muzi:no im not.im just surprised.
Me:it was not by choice.After my mom died we had no one to look after us.we went to an orphanage.But then I had to move out at 18.
Muzi:aren’t you supposed to move out at 21?
Me:I don’t know.A woman found me and gave me a place to stay.She helped me look for a job and I got a waitressing one.Little did I know she owned the club and was just pretending.Then she started changing and soon enough she made  me sleep with man to make money for her.Even after I reported them I got caught.They worked with the police.After that I was punished.She paid man to rape me.She was a heartless woman.Then three years later here we are.A man helped me get out of there.The place burnt down.
Muzi:did that man burn it?
Me:I don’t know.
Muzi:so who’s paying for your studies if you have no parents?
Me:that man who helped me.i think the bursary is from his company.It pays for everything,but what surprises me is he even sent money and bought groceries.Maybe he’s my relative.
Muzi:yooh!that is hectic.you went through a lot.
Me:please don’t tell anyone about this.
Muzi:im not going to do that.Come here.
He gave me a hug.
………….
Narrated
Everyone was busy walking and minding their business.Kelebogile was walking out of her residence when she felt like people were looking at her.She looked at all the sides and everyone was looking at her.She wondered what was going on.She asked someone who was standing near her.
Kele:hey why is everyone looking at me?
Girl:haven’t you seen the residence whatsapp group?you are trending.
She rushed out and walked to a bench and sat down.she checked and she couldn’t believe what was happening.Someone had posted about her,how she sells her body to different man.Tears started falling.someone pat her on her shoulder.
Muzi:whats wrong?i thought we were meeting at your place then leave from there.My parents cant wait to see you.
Kele:go to hell!I Don’t ever want to see you again!
Muzi:wat did I do?
Kele:I told you my secret because I trusted  you but you went and told the whole world.Congratulations,you’ve won on ruining my life.
Muzi:Angel I didn’t do that.Please believe me.
Kele:don’t call me that.You are dead to me.
Muzi:please don’t do this.im begging you.
She left him there and went back to her res.She didn’t want to be seen outside.She just wanted to be somewhere where she could hide.Months passed and she had gone back to her isolated self.she shut everyone out but her studies she didn’t  neglect them.she kept her focus on her books.As we know that it doesn’t take long before there’s something new to talk about,her scandal was now old news.She was now doing second year and everything was going well for her.
…………..
I woke up and did my hygiene process.Tebza is in the lounge waiting for me.He rented a flat for me after that scandal and I feel like it’s a good thing that im staying alone.Zoe was constantly telling me about me being a prostitute and I couldn’t take it.
Me:im done.we can leave.
Tebza:I see you cant wait to leave.
Me:I cant wait to meet your brother so that I can thank him .
Tebza:he also cant wait to see you.
We drove to  and after some time we drove into some suburb .Wow this place is beautiful.
Me:wow these houses are incredible.
Tebza:you can always visit when you are free.
He opened my door and I followed behind him.we got inside and it was heaven on earth.
Tebza:bafo ngiya hamba manjhe.
Man:okay.I will call you.
Wow!He has a very deep voice.
Tebza:sure.bye princess.
Me:bye.
I heard the door close and my heart rate increased.The man turned around and my mouth opened wide.He opened his arms and I ran to him not wasting any time.He held me so tight. I held onto him as if he  was going to run away.i don’t know what’s with me and crying.Tears were falling.He looked at me and I smiled through my tears.He wiped them.
Him:I missed you.
I didn’t know what to say. He only saw me one day but he missed me.
Him:im done cooking.Go and sit in the lounge,I know you are hungry.
I cant believe this.All this time its been him who was paying my fees.He’s been doing everything for me.He gets in while im in my thoughts.
Him: you are still crying. I don’t like it when I see women1 cry.
Me:its just that I never thought I would see you again. I waited and waited
Him:im here and im not going anywhere.come lets eat.
We sat down and started eating.i noticed that he had stopped and was just looking at me.
Me:what?
Him:nothing.
Me:where have you been?
Him:im coming.
He stands up and goes to the tv and he plugs the dvd player and a song starts playing.He stops it and takes our plates t the kitchen.He comes back and offers me his hand.he presses play and breathless by shane ward starts playing.He keeps on whispering in my ear.
Him:I could do this for my whole life.
Me:what?
Him:dancing with you.i love doing this with you.i love you.
It's been long since anyone said that to me. Apart from my brother of course.
Me:I thought I would never see you again.
Him:I see someone missed me.Do you remember the first time we met?
Me:yes. I was so scared of you.
Him:you were even shaking.But you know what?That was the best day of my life.
Him:I knew that one day you were going to be mine.So I hope no boy has been playing near my woman.
Me:I don't do dating and I don't plan on starting now.
He cleared his throat and sat down. I did the same.
Him:im sorry I didn’t come back sooner.
Me:im out of that place ,that’s all that matters.
Him:so what happened after I left?
I started narrating everything to him.
Him:it's good that the place burned with her inside.
Me:you've never told me your name.
Him:im Mandla. Mandla Mbatha.
Me:okay.
Him:how's everything going with school? I hope you are focused.
Me:i am. Im very grateful for what you've done for me. So im going to work hard and pass.
Him:that's good. I want to talk to you about something.
My phone rang disturbing.  It was some students im doing a group assignment with. I forgot that i had to send them the document so that they can go and print it out then submit on Monday.
Me:i have to go. I have to send an assignment and i didn't bring my laptop with me.
Him:it's okay. Let me get a driver to take you back. Anything you need,call me. Here's my number . See you next time.
Me:okay.
I nodded. I was lost for words. He kept looking at me and it was difficult to talk.
Me:erh..the driver.
Him:of course!