Chapter thirteen

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 13*

Its been a few amazing weeks.i have been spending most of my time with Mandla,even nw im in his office.He doesn’t know im here. Even though we broke off i spend most of my time with him.  I arrived here from school and I was told he’s in a meeting.i spent my time doing an assignment that I got today.im just doing it to get it out f my way.The door opens and the receptionist comes in.
Rec:I told you he’s going to be long in that meeting,you are still here.i thought you left already.
Me:no I will wait for him.
Rec:you can come and sit with me at reception until he’s done.
Me:no,its fin.im doing an assignment anyway.
Rec:I will tell him that you are here.
Me:no,I don’t want to disturb him.Also,it will give me time to finish this assignment.
Rec:okay,good luck with the assignment then.
Me:thanks.
She left and I went on with my assignment.It was not long before he walked in.He came around the table and looked at my laptop.i saved the document and closed my laptop.
Me:hi
Him:hey,have you been here for long?
Me:yea but time went by very fast as I was doing my assignment.
Him:okay.
He lifts me up from the chair and sits while putting me on his lap.
Me:what if your boss walks in?
Him:im my own boss .i missed you so much.i was counting the minutes before tat meeting could end.
Me:really?i hope you were not saying wrong things in there.
He kissed me.i kissed back and we shared a passionate kiss.the butterflies were busy moving in my stomach.The kiss was awakening what I felt long time ago.it was an amazing feeling.
Him:what did you eat today?
Me:fruit salad.
Him:what did I tell you about not eating?what if you faint?
I looked down.
Him:don’t tell me that you fainted!
Me:It was not that serious. I just fell because I was dizzy.im fine.
Him:you are so stubborn.
Me:im not,Im on a diet.
Him:that diet is over.i wont have you dieng on me.Look at you!You’ve lost weight.
He takes his phone and dials a number.
Him:please come to my office.
Me:put me down.
Him:I like the position you are on.
The receptionist comes in.
Him:please order food for me.I need 6pieces of kfc,two crème soda drinks and two milkshakes.
Me:so much food!
Him:add a large pizza from debonares there.That will be all.
She left and I just looked at him.
Me:who is going to eat that food?
Him:you and me.i don’t want you starving yourself.why are you even dieting, you are fine as you are.
Me:…….
Him:look,I love you the way you are.There is no need to lose weight.
Me:im fat.
Him:you are not.You are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met.
Me:thanks.
Him:don’t you think you’ve punished me enough?Yes I admit I was wrong but when are you going to give us a chance?
Me:I don’t know.i just feel like im not your type.
Him:you are more than my type.i promise im not going to hurt you again.
Me:what will my parents say?they wont allow this relationship.you saw how my brothers reacted.
Him:we will get through that together when we get there.Yes they might not approve of our relationship but we will overcome it.My love for you is stronger than any problem we will face on the way.The question  is:are you willing to give us a chance or not?
Me:okay.
Him:I love you makhumalo omuhle.
Me:I love you too
He had a wide smile.
Me:what?
Him:everyday I just keep falling more in love with you.
Me:you are making me shy.
He cut me off my putting his lips on mine.we kissed for a while then the door opened.i quickly moved from him.it was the receptionist with our food.it wasa lot!
Me:im not going to eat that junk!
Him:Sibaphiwe please tell me,do you see any changes in her?
Siba:she’s not the Kelebogile that I know.Girl you’ve lost weight,you’d think she’s sick.
Him:you see what im saying?thanks for the food,you can go.
Me:am I really that bad?
Him:yes,but you will be back to your old self.Now lets eat.
He fed me as if I was going to run away.i had the burger,two slice of pizza and a milkshake.i felt full.i could not take anymore.
Me:im full now.
Him:tomorrow I will bring you food at school,what if you faint again and miss your test?
Me:okay,I will stop this diet.
Him:now finisheating so that I can take you home.
Me:I will take an ubber.
Him:I will drop you a few blocks away.
Me:okay,we can leave now.
He packed his things and off we went.he dropped me three houses away and I walked home.i found mom sitting in the lounge watching tv.
Me:hey mom.
Mom:hello my angel,how was school?
Me:good.i have a test tomorrow.
Mom:I want to talk to you.
Me:is something wrong?
Mom:I found pills in your bathroom.what is going on?
Me:nothing mom,I just had a headache.
Mom:im a doctor,I can read and I know what those pills are for.
Me:….
Mom:baby don’t try to change yourself for a man.
Me:im not…
Mom:Muzi told me your boyfriend cheated.And now you are using these pills to lose weight because he cheated on you with skinny women.Dont try and change yourself for a man who couldn’t stay faithful to you.i know it hurts being cheated on and you will feel like you are not enough.
Me:I thought maybe im an embarrqassment because of my weight.
Mom:baby that was not the reason for him to cheat.It was his choice.You just have to decide if you will be able to trust him again and stay in that relationship.Dont make decisions that will put you at risk.You see,your dad cheated on me multiple times and I thought it was my fault.But there came a time where I realised its not me at all and decided to love myself more.i decided enough was enough with the cheating and left.
Me:dad cheated?
Mom:yes,from the first year of our marriage until the second one.He cheated because he wanted a child and I couldn’t give him.i felt like its all my fault.But one day I realised that its not.i left for London and came back eleven years later after the triplets were born.Im not telling you this so that you can leave your boyfriend,im telling you so that you can see that a relationship is hard work.it wont always be happiness,you go through stages.you fight.But if you really love that person you sit down and talk things out.
Me:wow.you went through a lot.
Mom:so tell me,do you love him?
Me:yes.i love him so much.If it wasn’t for him I don’t know where I would be.He’s done a lot for me.
Mom:I hope you are not with him for what he does for you.
Me:no,its just that he helped me change my life around.He motivates me to be the best.He believes in my dreams.Everytime I come back from school he asks how it was,tells me to not fall behind in my schoolwork.He cares about everything that I do. I love him so much.i know he’s my first boyfriend and there’sno one I can compare him to,but I don’t think I could ever love anther guy like I love him. I hope he’s my forever guy.
Mom:that’s so beautiful.But you know what? Before everything else,put God first.Pray to god to protect you and your partner.Pray for him,and your relationship.God will see you through. You will have the best relationship ever.
Me:I don’t know how to pray.
Mom:its not that hard.You just talk to god like you are talking to me now.Tell him what is in your heart.Ask him what you want him to do for you.But you must have faith.Believe that what you prayed for will happen.With god in your relationship you will go far.
Me:thanks mom.its so easy talking to you.
Mom:invite him for dinner tomorrow.
Me:no!
Mom:why?is he ugly?or maybe you don’t want us to know about him yet?
Me:im just not ready to introduce him yet.i want to see first where this is going.
Mom:okay.Now lets go and cook so that you can eat.you are so skinny.
Me:mom I cant eat anymore.i’ve just been forced to eat a lot of things.i had a burger,pizza,a milkshake and I also have kfc in my backpack.
Mom:im going to love this boyfriend of yours.
Me:im going to study for my test.
Mom:tomorrow after writing come straight home.your sisters have a girls day out.Dont be late.
Me:okay mom.
I went to my room and studied for the test tomorrow.
………
The following day.
I woke up and got ready for school.i took my things and went downstairs for breakfast.everyone was seated except for my twin.
Me:good morning everyone.
They answered.
Me:where is Muzi?
Dad:he is not going to school today.
Me:how will I get to school?
Dad:you should learn how to drive.
Me:im scared of driving.
Dad:if you don’t try you will always be scared.You have to learn.
Me:okay dad.
…….
The test was good.Not hard at all.i went out with my sisters after writing and I had a good time.Its now 6 andwe are going to my uncle Leon’s place.He invited us for dinner and mom’s grandparents are coming.i haven’t met them.my phone rings as im going downstairs.
Me:babe hi
Mandla:my love,how was your day?
Me:it was good.i had a good time with my sisters.
Mandla:okay,I just wanted to tell you that I talked with your brothers and sorted things out.
M:that’s great.what did they say?
Mandla:we will talk later.
Me:okay,I love you.
Mand;a:I love you more.
We drove off to Joburg and when we got there my aunt was setting the table.we all gathered around the table.i was introduced to those who don’t know me then we were about to start eating when my uncle’s wife started coughing blood.she screamed so loud and Mpho rushed to her and ran out to the car.
Narrated
Leon  was driving in a speed.Luckily there is a hospital just close to their place.Mpho was at the back with his mother comforting her.
Mpho:not again mom please.dont close your eyes,we are almost there.
He was even crying while talking to her.
Mpho:dad she’s bleeding!
He increased the speed and soon they were there.He rushed out with her and shouted for help.they quickly took her on a stretcher and Leon ran after the doctors.
Dr:sir please leat us do our work.
Leon:please Im a doctor,let me help.
Dr:we’ve got this.g and wait outside.
He went to sit down by the waiting area.
Soon Princess’s sister arrived with her husband.
Tshilidzi:whats wrong with my sister?
Mpho:we don’t know the doctors are still busy.
Tshilidzi:Leon you better pray that my sister is fine.Or else there’s gonna be trouble.
Leon didn’t pay attention to her as he was stressed.they all sat quiet for a while until the doctor came.
Dr:sir your wife will be okay.But im sorry,she lost one of the babies.
Leon:she was pregnant?
Dr:yes,with twins.Only one is still alive but is also at risk.we have managed to stop the bleeding.
Tshilidzi:what caused the bleeding?
Dr:we found poison in her.was she trying to kill the babies?
Leo:my wife would never do that!
Dr:you can go and see her.
They all wetn to her ward to see her.she was staring at the ceiling not talking.they tried talking to her but she just kept quiet.
Tshilidzi:im taking my sister before you all kill her.she’s going to stay with me
Goitse:babe calm down.
Tshilidzi:im not calming down! He doesn’t love her,if he did he would protect her.how many children will she have to lose because of his family?
Leon:what are you talking about?
Tshilidzi: leon you are always away and leave my sister on her own.while you were busy out there raising a child that is not even yours my sister was going through a lot here.Do you know she lost a child?i had to stop everything and be there for her because her husband was out doing what god knows.while you were busy with your fake family my sister was suffering.Your so called family doesn’t love yu.i wish you could listen when talked to.Your beloved cousin called her and told her about everything.Yes that’s how she found out.if your cousin didn’t call she wouldn’t have found out.He caused my sister to miscarry and you didn’t even notice she was going through pain.what must happen for you to act right?
Leon:….
He couldn’t believe what he was hearing.it turned out that the woman he had cheated on his wife with back then was indeed pregnant.But it turned out to be someone’s child and he had been supporting that child for nine years.the woman was using him for money and he found out one day when he went to fetch the little boy.thats when he did dna tests and they came back negative.
Leon:can everyone please leave.i want to talk to my wife.
Tshilidzi:please Leon, I don’t trust your cousins.make sure that when my sister get discharged they are gone or I will take her to stay with me.
Leon:I hear you.
They left them alone.
Leon:were you ever going to tell me?
Princess:im sorry.
Leon:I thought we talk.we don’t hide things.
Princess:you don’t know what I have to go through with your family.they insult me every chance they get.
Leon:baby but you could have told me and we would have went through everything together.
Princess:im fine.its been ten years now so ive healed.But please, deal with your family.i don’t want to die like my father.Now look my child is dead.
Leon:I promise I will get to the bottom of this.
He got into bed and slept with her.
………
At home the mood was bad.everyone looked hurt.they were all waiting to hear what is happening.the door opened and they all looked there.Mpho entered with bloody clothes.
Koko:Mpho go diragetsi eng?
Mpho:have you all eaten?
Makhumalo:no,wewere waiting to hear whatis going on.
Oteng:iwill take the food back to the kitchen.
Kele:I will help her.
Mpho:kelebogile nna fatshe.
Cleo:she’s just helping.
Mpho:aunty you know I love you very much.you just found your daughter,I wouldn’t want her to die.
Sizwe:whats going on?
Mpho:Oteng nna fatshe setlaela sa ngwanyana kwena.nxa!
Tiro:you bastard watch how you speak to my sister.
Mpho:what are you doing here?
Tiro:im here to visit my uncle,what else?
Mpho:o nagana ke setlaela nare?Today you will know me.Do you see this blood?This is my little sister or brother blood.So I want to know which witch poisoned my mother here.is it you or your sister?
Koko:we haven’t started eating,so it cant be them.
Mpho:my mother had  a miscarriage,for the second time.so im not letting it go this time.Now start talking.
They all kept quiet and said nothing.Mpho took off his belt and went to where Oteng was sitting and she ran to her brother.Sizwe stood up and held him.
Mpho:let go of me!i want to teach these witches a lesson.
Tiro:he rra tlogela botsenwa bag ago.my sister didn’t do anything.
Mpho:you are here to avenge for your criminal father!do you know the kind of man he is?he killed dad’s parents,and killed my mom’s father!now he sent you to finish my mom!
Cleo:calm down mpho.
Mpho:im not calming down.i want the truth.my mother is heartbroken and they are here as happy asthey can be.
Grandpa: tiro go diragalang monna?
Tiro:I don’t know what he’s talking about.
Mpho:then who poisoned my mom?If you are not going to talk there is the door.Leave this house!
Tiro:im not going anywhere,you are the one who should be leaving.why don’t you go and find your family?your real family and leave my uncle house?
He broke off from sizwe and he jumped to where Tiro was.He started whipping him with the belt until sizwe managed to restrain him.
Mpho:I said get out or you are going to regret it.
Koko:mpho calm down you are scaring the kids.
Mpho:let go of me.i wont do anything.
He let him go.
Mpho:if you all think im letting this go then you are mistaken.you walk all over my mother’s head and you think I will just sit and watch you.it ends now.Akere lona ga le battle go bua,im calling the police.you will tell them the truth.
Oteng:please don’t!im begging you.i will tell you everything.
Koko:Kee ng?
Oteng:im sorry koko.Tiro said we have to avenge our father.
Mpho:so you wanted to kill my mom?
Oteng:yes!she sent him to jail!Her and her husband.
Mpho:you will rot in jail like your father.
Oteng:but I didn’t do anything.Tiro poisoned your mother’s drink in the morning.the poison must have been working slowly.
Mpho:is that all?
Oteng:no.All of you here,you were going to die.He also poisoned this food and wanted everyone who’s here to die.You had to pay for what your family did to my father.
Grandpa:how can you be so heartless?
Muzi:so you were going to kill us all?i cant believe you!
Oteng:then after killing you we were going to burn you in here.
Koko: oh modimo wame!what did we do to deserve this!
She was shouting holding onto her head.
Mpho:you are all like your father.i hope you rot in jail where youbelong.
Oteng:please don’t call the police.
Mpho:im calling them.you are not leaving this place without the police arriving.
He locked the door and called the police.The others were quiet and only Oteng’s voice could be heard crying loudly.
Mpho:you see what I meant when I said these two are evil just like their father?we would have all died in here and burnt,no one knowing where we are.
Oteng:oh my god im gonna die in jail!
Tiro:they have no proof of what happened calm down.
Sipho:I have a record of everything.i will give it to the police.
Everyone looked at him.
Mangi:we told you this skill would come in handy some day.
Mpho:im going to shower.make sure they don’t leave.
He rushed upstairs leaving everyone unsettled.imagine hearing that you were going to die.how does that feel?knowing that you came face to face with death and someone was deciding your fate?