Chapter thirty

*KELEBOGILE'S STORY*

*Chapter 30*

*KELEBOGILE*

I'm going back to work! I'm so happy. Now I can do something that can keep me busy. Instead of just stayingat home.
Mandla:you look happy today. I didn't know going back to work would make you smile like this.
Me:I'm just happy that I'll be doing something. Not just staying here and be bored. But I'm going to miss my babies.
Mandla:you will get used to it.
Me:yeah. Have a good day.
Mandla:where are you rushing off too? Sit down and have breakfast. We will drive together.
Me:okay. I thought i would buy something at work but since you offered to drive me then good.

We had breakfast then he drove me to work. He even went inside woth me. Until we got to my work station.
Mandla: i will fetch you after work.
Me:okay babe. Hey stop. There are people here.
Mandla:these people also kiss their partners. It's nothing new to them.
Me:okay. I love you.
Mandla:have a good day. I love you more.
He kissed me and left. I can never win woth this man. My colleagues were looking at me. I cleared my throat and sat down.
Noku:mmh. Someone is in love 
Me:agg...
I laughed. I seriously didn't know what to say.
Noku:the boss was here looking for you.  I think  he has a very hot story for you to follow up on.
Me:every story is a hot story with you.
Noku:it is like that.
Me:where's Mary?
Noku:she's somewhere out there doing investigations. That girl never does her work but with this one she's so focused.
Me:let me go before the boss comes looking for me.

I  went to the office and knocked.
Boss:come in.
Me:good morning sir. I heard you were looking for me.
Boss:yes. We have to talk.
Me:okay. Is everything alright?
Boss:I'm sorry but as of today you will no longer be working here.
Me:i don't understand.
Boss:the company has decided to cut it's ties with you. Don't worry. You will get all that's due to you. You've been a good journalist but unfortunately the owners have decided to let you go.
Me:when was that? Why didn't they email me before I could come here and embarrass myself?
He tossed a newspaper at me. I read it. I was on the front page. I can't believe this. Everything about me. My past life. This person who wrote the article knows each and every detail of what i went through in my life.
Me:sir this is...
Boss:why didn't you tell us about this before you started working here?
Me:this has nothing to do with me working here. Youcan't just fire me for this.
Boss:we can't associate ourselves with this kind of people.
Me:this is not even the whole truth. You can't fire me.
Boss:it's already been decided. What i can advise you is that take your things before it gets out and you embarrass yourself.
Me:thank you for the opportunity that you gave me. I will take my things and leave.

I packed my things and left. I didn't even bother requesting an uber. I just stopped a taxi and went to town then took one to centurion. I wanted my mother. When I got home she was watching tv.
Mama:baby oyu look troubled. Have you been crying?
I put my things down and went to sit next to her.
Me:i got fired. On my first day back at work.
Mama:what happened?
Me:the owners don't want to associate themselves with prostitutes. So they let me go. Someone wrote an article about ne. How's that  related to my work?
Mama:sshh. Stop crying. It's their loss. You will find a better job.
Me:i loved my job mama. Now when everyone reads that newspaper many companies will never employ me.
Mama:you know what? Those people never deserved you anyway. Something good is coming for you. Something big. Something that will make you happy.
Me:mama you know jobs are really scars these days. It will be hard to get a job.
Mama:why don't you start a business with your money that you will get from the company? You could make something good with your time. Instead of doing nothing while you apply for a job.
"I think she should sue that company. They cant just fire her. Take them to CCMA."
Mama:Kamogelo that's not good advice.
Me:i missed you. But why aren't you at school?
Kamo:you see? The way you've been so scarce you don't even know that it's recess.
Me:how would i know? Akere you and Mangi were supposed to come but you didn't say anything. Youspend all your time at res.
Kamo:we were just on our way to you. But since you're here we can come tomorrow.
Me:no. You're leaving with me. You will spend the whole week babysitting.
Kamo:mama i will see you later.
He rushed out.
Me:what's wrong with babysitting?
Mama:you will never know with these boys.
Me:I'm going to sleep. Wake me when there's food.
Mama:go and sleep. Don't stress about this.