Chapter 37

"J-cob...baby, I can explain" I manage to stutter out. The look on his face was enough for me to know how betrayed and hurt he feels.

"It's not what it looks like...I swear" I plead, hoping he'll believe me even though I've gave him every reason not to.

He walks off not saying a word and I know he's trying to keep his anger at bay. I re-read the article over and over again, trying to make sense of everything. How did they know I was going to be at that exact location? The thought of being setup by Kaleb keeps playing in my head, but I was the one who called him not the other way around and what does the article means by is there another Lia on the rise?

I walk to the kitchen talking a seat around the island clearing my head and also giving Jacob time to calm down a bit. I can just imagine how hurt he must felt seeing that picture in the news. What makes things worth I lied about my whereabouts. I ran my sweaty palms down face letting out a frustrated breath, I honestly don't know what to think anymore.

With all the toxicity we went through, things was finally getting back on track with us. A mean, we weren't one hundred percent there yet, however he was putting in the necessary effort to make things right and I'm damn sure with him knowing about the meeting between Kaleb and I he won't want anything to do with me again and I can't blame him.

Miss Maria enter the kitchen, placing some groceries on the island breaks my train of thoughts and by the way she's eyeing me I know she heard about what happen.

"Miss Maria, I swear it's not what it seems" I blurt out before she could get the chance to speak.

"Go on, I would love to hear your explanation" She respond in a stern voice. How can I blame her though, after all I dragged her into this mess.

"He didn't kiss me on my lips, I swear. The angle the picture was taken from caused it to look that way. I would never hurt Jacob like this."

So u admit you would hurt him, just not like this. Okay, I see. I mentally roll my eyes at my subconscious.

"Kathylia, why would you visited him knowing the history you both have? Furthermore you tried to dragged me into your mess"

"I wanted to return the gift he brought me, I didn't want to keep it knowing the scene it caused last night. Plus, Jacob wouldn't let me retuned it to him if I had told him" If I had known something like this would happen, I would've have just stayed in bed.

"I understand where you're coming from, but Jacob will share a different point of view. Especially like how it's all over the media." I take a deep breath. Why is my life so complicated? I can't be happy for a minute, Jacob and I relationship is like an endless battlefield, only this time it's totally on me.

"He already knows, and I don't know how I'm going to fix it. I've really fuck things up- Miss Maria I'll speak with you later." I head out of the kitchen leaving know more room for discussion.

He's feeling deceived, not knowing the truth about what really took place. I shouldn't have gotten myself entangled with Kaleb in the first place. Just that, he was there for me when I desperately needed a shoulder to cried on and I let my emotions got the best of me and now look, I'm in some really big shit because of it.

I knock on the door, before entering the bedroom taking cautious step towards him knowing what's he is capable of when he's angry.

"Baby, please hear me out"

"Kathylia, please just leave me be" I take his hands into mine, but he quickly pulls away. I expect this kind of behavior, after all its Jacob Blair we're talking about here. However I'm willing to do anything for him to know the truth.