Chapter 34

Have you ever look at someone and all you can see is pour hatred? If yes, that's exactly what I'm feeling right now. It take every ounce of strength in my body not to be violent, not to just scratch this person eyes out.

I just don't get it, how can a person I love and trust so much, be so fake and hypocritical? I trusted her with my life, little did I know she would crush it right in front of my eyes. What makes things worse, we laugh together every day, we portrayed so much love for each other, it felt like nothing could've break us apart until now.

"Hey Paige" mother greets the backstabber, standing in front of me looking like a pile of mess.

"Hey mom! How-"

"Don't you think you've lost the right to call her mom, huh?"

"How are you darling?" Marcia cuts me off, causing my anger to rise more. To hell! She's supposed to be on my side, not hers.

"I'm fine, you no, just doing the same old stuff." The smile on her face is just as fake as her. I just want punch her so bad.

"I assume you're Jacob."

"Ye-"

"Bye!" I cut the conversation off, I'm not going to stand here and watch them meet and greet each other. This is total bullshit, like fuck I'm going to pretend like everything is okay.

"Kat, can we please talk?" I ignore her and her pity full voice, I'm not going to fall for her trap. The time for talking was back then, but instead she hush me and pretend we were sisters when deep down she was stabbing me in my back.

"Please, Kat I'm sorry"

"Baby, just hear her out. We are going to give you two some space to talk."

I stood there for seconds, which felt like hours. I look at her in loathsomeness, knowing whatever she's going to say isn't going to let me hate her less.

She betrayed me, how naive I was to think that true friends still exist.

"Kat, I'm sorry, I was drunk and-"

"Oh, just shut up!" I yell gaining a few attention drawn my way.

"Drunk or not, Paige you remembered. I bet you even remember like it was yesterday. You honestly think I'm upset because you had drunk sex with Liam? I'm angry because you lied to me! You should have been my best friend and tell me the truth. I'm not going to lie, I didn't expect you to tell me right away, but come on Paige, and you had: days, weeks, months, even years to, but instead of doing the right thing. You took abuse of our sisterhood, my trust and love. Paige believe me when I say, I hate you for doing so."

As much as I hate to admit it, the tears that fall her eyes cuts me deeply. I tried to build up a wall around my heart to ignore the nagging feeling, but being me, it didn't work. All I can do is hold a straight face and if she look closely, she'll see it's just a facade.

Why can't I just hate her?

Because you're a softy.

The hug she pulls me into, pull me from my thoughts immediately, leaving me astonished. Feeling her warm tears soak through my shirt, melt my anger in bits.

Paige has never showed her weakness like this before, she has always been so strong, even when she knows she's wrong.

After hearing her sobs turn into hiccups, I had choice, but to just let go. I can't hate her know matter how hard I try.

"Kat-I'm-sorry-please-don't-hate-me." She said in between hiccups. I stood still debating with myself, if I should let her off the hook this easily.