chapter 12

"Seriously kat, why would she fire you?" Paige asked

Mrs. Blair has never proven to like me and having a one-night stand with her son only makes things worse. I walk over to the mirror making the final touch to my hair, if I'm going to get fired today might as well leave in style.

"Paige I'm convince she doesn't like me; you didn't see the way she looked at me the other night" Paige roll her eyes and I know she thinks I'm talking rubbish, but I know if she was in my shoe she would be freaking out.

" Don't you think if that was the case, she would have fired you already?" she asked

" Paige don't you think the only reason why she hasn't yet is because I'm good at my job? furthermore, I'm sure her son will give her the push to do it now." Just the mention of his name breaks my heart. I know I willed myself not to think about him anymore, but I'm not that strong. He makes me feel worthless, he destroys the little confidence I had what makes it worse, I want to hate him and my stupid heart won't let me. Paige seems to sense my pain, she stepped in front of me placing her finger underneath my chin forcing me to look at her.

" your right, you're good at her job so if she fires you, it will be her lost and about that jackass he doesn't deserve one more tear from your eyes. Just remember you're strong, don't let anyone take that strength away" I slowly nod my head. Paige is right it will be her loss even though the pay is good and as for that sigh, I don't even know what to call him, I left his ass to karma.

I hug Paige tightly trying hard not to cry. I really don't know what I would do without her, She's the sister I never had, she gives me hope when I've thought all hope is lost.

"I love you, thank you so much"

"I love you too fat ass, um Kat I can't breathe" I quickly let her go and before I can say anything she spoke

" you better her your big ass up out of here before your Mother-in-law has a reason to fire your ass" Shit! I'm going to be late; I grab my bag rushing out the door, the sound of Paige giggling gives me joy.

The clock shows that I'm fifteen minutes early. I sighed in relief, other than dis-liking me, she hates tardiness. After booting up my computer, I make my way to Mrs. Blair's office with her cup of black coffee okay here goes nothing I knocked on the door and after hearing a slight Come in. I slowly enter her office, slightly holding my head down. God please I can't manage to lose my job I want to go back home for the summer.

"Good Morning mam" As soon as I fully left my head out of the ground, regret strike through my veins. I hold onto the cup with all my might just for it to slip out of my hands. I bring my hands to my mouth in shock I'm so fired. I can see confusion as well as anger written all over Mrs. Blair face, oh lord what have I done?

I tried to speak, but the tension in the room cause my mouth to run dry and the words to form a lump in my throat. Not looking at me the means to my fright walks towards me, my hold body becomes weak, god please don't let me fall. I was so sure he was going to stop, instead he heads towards the door. I can still smell his familiar scent which only send me into deeper into shock, as soon as he's completely out the door my voice comes back.

"Ma-mam I am so sorry. I-I'll get this cleaned up" She only nod, relief washes over me while I left the office.

I've never seen him here before: Why is her here? what were they talking about? was it about me? hasn't he hurt me enough? Is he so evil that he has to visit my work just to torment me? So many unanswered questions flood through my poor little brain, I'm going to go insane just because of this one man.

just when I thought I wouldn't see his face again he has to show up, but why did he look so concern when he saw me? why do you care? I just don't know what to think anymore. I came here with the urge to wow my boss thanks to her son, I became a clumsy idiot and make a fool out of myself, it's like the devil hand pick him to torment my life.

"Kathylia!" A stern familiar voice called Please, please tell me it's not him. I slowly turn around looking everywhere else, but on the devil himself

"What?" I asked with distaste in my voice.

" Meet me in your office in five minutes" He said walking off leaving no room for discussion. I hate that the sight of him still makes me feel nervous, I should be feeling hatred towards him a mean he used me. I want to hate him but deep down it's not possible, still I can only pretend to. Hell no! scratch that I hate him, I hate down to the very ground he walks on.

I head back to Mrs. Blair office with another cup of coffee, I tried to read her expression to see if she's piss, as usual it's blank and I don't know if I should be worried or happy.

"Miss Henson, here's what I want you to do" she said handing me a stock of files

"organize and save them on a pen drive, also I need to see my schedule for today and tomorrow." she added

"Okay mam" After gathering the files I head towards the door slowly knowing her son is waiting on me in my office.

" Oh, and miss Henson" I've never been so happy for her to call my name in my life, I turn around wearing my brightest smile knowing I will be staying in her office longer.

"Yes mam"

"please stay away from my son." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

XOXO