Chapter 29

UNEDITED 

I step out of the bath, wrapping the towel around my wet body. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and the person I'm looking at, makes something burns inside of me.

My eyes are red and swollen, the lack of sleep is evident in my dull, droopy orbs.

In slow steps, I make my way out of the bathroom, into the bedroom. I slowly get dressed, after adding on some makeup to hide my eye bags, my feet carries me to the kitchen.

"Morning" My voice doesn't hold any emotions at all, after all my body is numb.

Miss Maria let out a long breath after looking at the unrecognized human sitting in front of her.

" Kat, you have been looking like this for weeks now." I know it's been weeks, weeks of me crying and moving around like a robot. The funny thing is, I wish I could forget, the memory of what happened taint my brain like it was yesterday.

FLASH BACK

"Who is lia?" Unsurity fill my voice. It's none of my business, but when Kaleb mention her name, his voice was filled with so much venom and by the way Jacob is looking at me, I can tell I've hit a nerve.

"Where have you heard that name?" He asked in an emotionless tone. I hate when I ask a question and It's answered with another question.

"It doesn't matter" He looked at me with his usual blank eyes.

I know this Lia chick is important, if she wasn't he would go right ahead and start talking. Is it possible that she was the one who makes him so cold?

"She hurt you didn't she? For Christ sake, Jacob stop begin a dummy and let me in!"

"It's none of your business, leave it alone" I shake my head, that's not what I wanted to hear. Can't he see I'm trying?
See, you and Paige share similar personalities 

"It's my business. I want to no who is she and the reason behind your coldness or is it just me you treat this way!" He stayed silent, looking at me like he can't understand a word coming out of my mouth. I stand from my seat out of frustration, this silence is getting to my head.

"Okay, don't tell me. I'll just phone Kaleb, I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling me who she is. After all he was the one who mentioned her in the first place." A smile threaten it's way on my face, when I see the way he's looking at me.

"You will do no such thing" he gritted out.

"Well tell me then. From your silence, I can tell she's important to you." I just want him to open up to me, just for once.

Don't you think your pushing it too much?

"I can't-"

"Or you won't?" His hazel eyes hold nothing whatsoever and it's driving me crazy.

"Is she one of your sluts?" A rush of anger rush into his eyes, as he grind his teeth while clenching his jaw together. I know it's a sign to stop pushing his buttons, however my mouth just won't keep shut.

"Oh my god! She is. Jacob are you cheating on your plastic fiancé with another one?"

"Kathylia shut your fucking mouth!" the way he yell at me cause a cold shudder to run throughout my body.

"If anyone here is a slut is you!" the anger in his voice is visible.

"I'm not a slut! I've done nothing wrong. I just want you to open up to me for once, can't you see how much I love you!" He laughs mockingly at me, my eyebrows meet out of confusion. Is he really that blind? His next word left me utterly dumb.

"Kathylia you don't love me. If you love me, you wouldn't run to my cousin the minute I left, you wouldn't had kiss him and you sure as hell wouldn't have let him caress your swollen Stomach like he's the father of your unborn children!....So you see, your the slut-I"  slap him hard across his face twisting it, leaving a clear image of my finger prints. He turn around looking at me, his face is red both from the slap and out of anger. He takes slow steps towards me, I gulp loudly as I remember the threat he send my way this morning.

"Didn't I warn you about putting your hands on me?"

Before I can think of an answer my body is shove aggressively into the couch.

"Jacob I-" I'm cut off by his hands gripping around my neck.

I try to push him off, but I'm locked underneath his body, the feeling of my eyes pulping out of their socket and fresh, hot tears running down my cheek, force me to scratch at his face. However my limbs are too weak to put up a fight, knowing he's going to choke me to death. I fight my hands to give me the chance to rub my swollen stomach, one last time. I feel my eyes closing on me, I try to keep them open, but my body is deciding against it.

I gasp in a big lump of air, when the grip on my neck loosen. The inside and outside of my neck burns, it feel so raw. The stinging on my skin, confirm my neck is bruise. With tears of fear pooling from my eyes, my eyes travel up to the monster's face, It held nothing. coughing I scoot my weak body onto my trembling feet and rushed out of the room.

Present

He could've killed me and I can't even blame him because at the end of it all, I was the caused of it. It was completely my fault, I was the one who provoke him.

________________________________________________________________