Chapter 39

"So what do we need to talk about?" I asked firmly, taking a seat on the couch opposite from him.
He stares at me wearing his usual blank look. I avoid eye contact, my eyes always give away my emotions and I'm sacred that looking into his hazel orbs might trap me once more.

"Us Kathylia, we need to talk about us-"

"There is no us." I said, mostly for myself to hear. I have tried so hard to let him go. there were night where I couldn't sleep and it felt like everything was caving in.
no matter how hard we try we just wouldn't fit. Even though my mind keep telling me we were bad for each other my body and heart still urge for him; girl something is differently wrong with u.

"There will always be an us Miss Henson" he said locking my eyes with my brown orbs. I felt my stomach turn out of anxiety. The mischievous smirk he is wearing letting me know he's up to something and quite frankly I don't have time for it.

"Jacob, I don't have time for your games. I have somewhere to be.
If it's something regarding the kids tell mom she'll past on the message." I said in a clip tone getting up from the couch. I've work too damn hard to get where I am today, the emotional turmoil I went through back then I can't put myself in that position ever again.

Before I can leave the sitting area, he held onto my hand pulling me back, so my back is flush against his chest. I felt tingles all over my skin, from his mere touch. I tried to pull myself away from him, but his strength over power mind. He plants his face in the crook of my neck inhaling my scent.

What is wrong with him?

He had six long years, why come here now playing lovely dovey?

"J-Jacob let me go" He damns well no the effect he has on my body. if only my body would work alongside my subconscious when it comes on to him.
"Please" I plead. on my request he lets me go. Spinning me around in the process so I'm facing his rock hard chest. He took his finger tilting my chin upwards so my brown orbs are lock with his hazel ones.
In that moment I felt my mouth ran dry. I'm so weak to him. I shouldn't be so forgiving.
I should hate him for the shit he has put he through.

"Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to u. sit back down." well, at least somethings never change still, arrogant I see.
Nevertheless I return to the couch, attentive to what he has to say must be important. He let out a deep breath before speaking.
"Kathylia, when I just meet you my live was a mess, well I personally was a mess. I had one motive and that was to get back at u for the way u spoke to me that afternoon. I was a jerk-"
"jerk is an understatement." I interrupted him. Already starting to relive what I went through with him all over again.

"Please listen. Just let me finish" I decide to stay quiet and tell he gets whatever he has off his chest. Conscience a ride him

"At the restaurant, I told u that I had a girlfriend to see your reaction. I wasn't committed to anyone at all. When I kissed u that night I've felt emotions that I've never felt before; you lived rent free in my head. All I could think about is you. I hated myself for it. I tried my very best to stop having those emotions towards u. I swear on my father's grave that I wouldn't allow myself to become emotionally attached to any female outside my family, after What Lia did" he paused letting out a sigh of distressed. I looked at him urging him to continue. I want to know why he's the way he is. Most importantly who's the famous Lia?

"Lia was my wife Kathylia. I was madly in love with her. She was pregnant and of course I was the happiest man alive. That happiness got cut short after I found out that kaleb and her was intimate also. I forgave her for the sake of our unborn child and after she swear that the baby was mind. I didn't do a paternity test, because I myself wanted a child for a long period and I was scared of what the results might say. I wanted to raised my child under one roof, where he or she would get that unconditional love you know? Just like how I've watched my dad raise me with mom out of pure love." he paused, while steering at the blank wall.
Apart of me feel jealous: i rarely get the love and kind side of him, hence he was all out for her. It also strike me that kaleb wanted to repeat history. Fun fact ; I've known kaleb for years, we didn't come close until that night at the club, and I was the one who was all over him.

He knows the relationship he and Jacob have, yet he still force for us to be a thing after finding out we shared history. I didn't even know they were related until way after. So I using kaleb to get back at him wouldn't make sense, I was uninformed about their history; it's more like the other way around.

"Kathylia" he continued breaking my thoughts trying to fit the puzzles together.
"One night I was suppose to leave the country for a meeting, however the meeting got push back and I decided to stay back and let my team go to resolve whatever reason caused the meeting to get cancel. I didn't inform Lia about it, I wanted to surprise her, because she was fussing about me leaving for a meeting overseas while she was in her third trimester.
Upon arriving home I saw an unfamiliar car park in the drive away. I didn't think much of it, knowing she always asked one of her family relative or friend to come over once I'm on business trips.
I parked in the garage, taking the stairs that leads straight to the bedroom, I was damn eager to see the look on her face when she realizes that I didn't leave. Little did I no that I was going to get the shock of my life.
Kathylia w-when I open my bedroom door I saw my pregnant wife and my cousin having a full make out session. Before I could register my action I started throwing punches to kaleb face blocking out the screams and pleas begging me to stop. She-she held unto my hand and I-I." 

He let out a deep breath before wiping away the stray tears from his eyes

He looks disoriented. I've never seen him show any emotions like this before and I can know that it took everything in him to relive such trauma.
Deep down I want to rush to his side and give him solace, seeing this side of him hurts me. All though he has done me bad I don't want to see him broken; I stay rooted in the couch even though every nerves in my body in willing me to comfort him.

"She held onto me and I P-Push her off, she lose her b-balance and fell down the s-stair. K-Kathylia I killed her."

________________________________________________________________________________
XOXO