Chapter 22

Unedited

"Kathylia" I stop in my track

" Miss Maria, what are you doing here?"

"Mr.Blair ask me to come over. You no I've been calling you for quite a while, but you seems to be so caught up in your world."

Oh, I was wondering why she use my full name.

"Sorry I was just lost in my thoughts"

"It's okay, do you want something to eat?"

"Probably later, I'm just going to check on Jacob."

"Um- Kat he's not here"

Fuck! Now I'm gonna have to wait up for him to get home.

"Did he say what time he'll get back home?"

"Um he-he left"

"What do you mean?" I ask confused

"He called and ask me to come over and I should bring clothes because I'll be staying for a while. When I got here, I saw him leaving with a duffle bag, I ask him when will he be back, he said not for a while, he need some space to think and time to cool off"

"What!"

" I'm sorry-"

"No it's okay, no need to be. I'm just gonna head off to bed"

" Okay, see you in the morning"

I head to my room fighting the tears that's threatening to spill. I can't believe he was the one begging me not to leave and in less than forty eight hours he left not just me, but our babies.

I take my baby picture from my bag and put it on the dresser, I strip out of my clothes and stand in front of the full view mirror, resting my hands on my two months old belly.

" I promise you both I won't leave, I love you so much"
I'm not like their coward father, I wish he had trusted and given me the chance to explain instead of running off.

After taking a warm, long bath, I put on a baggy shirt and my underwear. I wrap my hair up in a messy bun, then head off to sleep.

*******
Nausea woke me up, after all it's my new best friend. I run to the bathroom, after throwing up: I brush my teeth, take a quick shower and get dress. 

Today I'm going shopping for the babies, I know it's too early however mom insist.

An empty feeling creep through me as I walk past Jacob's room, I wanted him here, I would love to have silly arguments over the babies gender, I wish things could've turn out differently, but it is, what it is.

I walk into the kitchen to see Miss Maria making breakfast.

" Good morning" I greet her cheerfully, she look at me for a few seconds before answering . I know she expect me to be crying and all that however, I don't see the point anymore. Crying won't bring him back and it definitely won't let him change his coward ways. I'm not going to sit around and put myself and my babies through any stressful risk.

Not wanting the tea Miss Maria made, I make myself a cup of hot chocolate, My bundles of joy craving for chocolate is off the chain. A smile makes it way on my lips as I remember last night, I woke up 15:45AM  craving for chocolate Ice Cream and cake, which reminds me I need to stop at the grocery store, cause I'm out.

"Kat" Miss Maria called, I look up at her letting her knows she has my full attention.

"Mr. Blair left this for you" She said handing me a black card. So he actually thinks that I would want to spend his filthy money, When is he going to realize I can't be bought? I hand back the card to her, before she could take it, I pull it back smiling at the thought that cross my mind.