Chapter 36

I take my second sip of hot chocolate from the mug, before placing it down on the table. I run my fingers over the gift I received from kaleb, I must admit, its beautiful.

I'm in love with the way the diamond studs feel beneath my fingertips. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my lips when I read what's written on it.

I'm going to be the best mother there is and I know Jacob will- speaking of him. I couldn't stop myself from wondering if Miss Maria told him about my whereabouts.

The consequences I'm going to face if and when Jacob finds out about my little meeting makes me feel like weak inside.

"Morning" a voice I haven't heard in a while spoke intruding on my thoughts. Our eyes immediately lock and things I haven't felt in months erupt in my body, only this time It felt disgusted.

He take his seat across from me breaking eye contact. I ignoring my subconscious screams telling me to get out of this building, but we both know it's never going to happen.

"Morning kaleb." I respond, before taking the finale sip from my mug.

"Kat-"

"Ka-" we spoke at the same time, causing our eyes to lock once more.

"Ladies before gentlemen"

"How have you been?" I inquired, trying to build a conversation.

"I've been good, how are the babies?"

"They're good. They'll be here very soon." I answer, looking away from his intense stear.

"So what's up?" He took a deep breath before clasping his hands together resting them down on the table.

"Kathylia, we both no you didn't invite me here, so early to check on my wellbeing when you could've done it over the phone. So why don't you cut the act and get to the chase." Letting out a hefty breath, I ignore the harshness in his voice and his sharp stear.

I reach into my purse and withdraw the gift, placing it on the table. He looks at me intently and by the way he's gazing at me I know deep down what he's thinking.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes,but-"

" He told you not to accept it,yeah?" His facial expression quickly change to furious. My inner self urge me to asked who could blame him for not wanting me to accept his gift, however I bit on my tongue and did the opposite.

"He has nothing to do with this, I'm returning it off my own will."

" you love it so keep it, this is my way of apologizing for what I did." He place the gift inside my hand rubbing his cold fingers over my knuckles.

"Look I can't-"

" Come on, let me walk you out." He raised from his seat ignoring my protest, extending his hand out for me to take, in which I ignore.

I reach into my purse and withdraw some cash, paying for the hot chocolate and muffin I ate earlier.

"Kathylia!" Kaleb called after me, stopping me in my track. I turn around giving him my full attention, I watch him walk slowly towards me closing the space between us. My stomach turn in an uncomfortable way from him begin so close. Making it worse, his hands rouse up caressing my cheek, it felt too intimate for my liking so I step back giving us a lil space. Like touching my cheek wasn't enough he begins to lean in, so close, I can feel his breath fanning my face.

For a split second, I thought he was going to kiss me, I was left stun when his lips connected with my cheek and his fingers caressing my stomach.

Wow! Like so much better.