Chapter 28

UNEDITED!

Why does everyone think they can boss me around?

If I had just follow my mind and went with Kaleb last night, none of this would be happening.

I rush to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After brushing my teeth, I exit the bathroom and get dress in a blue floral print dress. Just by looking through the window, I can tell it's going to be a hot day. I wrap my rainbow color hair into a messy bun and slip on my slippers before leaving the room.

"Morning Miss Maria" Not waiting to hear her reply, I slip through the front door.

I've decided to wait on Kaleb at the gate. I really don't want Jacob to see him here, it's like adding fuel to a blazing fire.

I'm not going to drag Kaleb into this mess. I can't live with him, even though Jacob treats me like crap sometimes.Sometimes?

I'm not leaving, at least not yet. When the time comes, I want to move into my own house. I don't want to bring my babies into another man's house, especially if it's not their father.

I'm not saying that I'm not going to live with anyone in the future, but not now and when the time comes, it has to be a serious relationship. I don't want to be running from relationship to relationship with my kids, I want them to have stability in their life.

I know Kaleb is a good person, when he look at me I can see how much he cares. Yes, I do feel things for him. when we kissed I felt indescribable things, however I don't want to move too fast with him. I want things to take there own time to build.

The pulling up of a sleek white 2019 Maserati Quattroporte car pull me out of my reverie.

Shit! He's loaded. I take in every inch of the car that my naked eyes can see. I Close my open mouth before he sees me gawking at his car.

I signal the guards to let him through, Watching his eyes scanning the surrounding makes me feel a bit guilty.

"Where is your things?"

"Kaleb I-I can't move in with you." He look at me with a emotionless expression. He has never look at me this way before, he's always an open book.

"Why not?" He finally speak, with a trace of anger in his voice.

"I just can't Kaleb, I'm sorry. I tried calling you but you  didn't pick up." I am really sorry he waste his time coming here for know reason. I just hope he doesn't take this the wrong way.

"Kathylia did he threaten you?" He asked holding my shoulders. My skin shiver at his touch, I wonder if he feels the sparks between us or is  it just me. I quickly shove the thoughts away, focusing on the problem at hand.

"W-What? No course not"

"Then why can't you leave?"

"Kaleb I can't just leave this place, I'm happy here. It was just a silly argument, it will blow over." I try to convinced him in a promising tone. I just want him to understand that, I don't want things between us to move too fast. Moving in with him is a big step, what if things doesn't work out?

"Kathylia you don't want to leave this place or him! Which one?"

"Come on Jacob, it's not like that" I cover my mouth when I realize what I've called him.

"Kaleb I-"

"Don't, I get it. Your just like Lia, too fucking stupid to see reality. He treats you like shit, he cheats on you every fucking chance he gets! A mean he even called his own children bastards and your still willing to stay. Maybe your after his money, I may not be a billionaire like him, but I have millions. How can you be so dumb! Your just like all his other bitches only difference is he manage to knock you up."