Nineteen

It was time for Taehyung to wake up and get ready for work, so he attempted to move about on the bed. However, when he tried to move away from Jin, who was practically sleeping on him, Jin nestled in deeper and gripped Taehyung tighter.

Taehyung exhaled deeply before firmly shaking Jin's arm and saying, "Seokjin, I have to go to work."

Jin muttered as he shook his head and said, "Will you please stay with me today?"

"Seokjin, I can't do that-"

"Why not? My father will understand. I want you to spend the day with me; I don't want you to go to work. It's not even that important." As Jin sat up and wiped his eyes, the blanket began coming off his body as he spoke.

Taehyung stared at him and then looked away, "what happened to your shirt?"

"I got hot while sleeping, so I took it and my pants off."

"Instead of getting undressed, why didn't you just put on the fan?"

"I didn't want to, and since you are my husband, I'm assuming it's okay for me to sleep like this next to you, right?"

"No, you should sleep in your pajamas," Taehyung said as he turned his back on Jin and sat up on the bed.

With a frown, Jin said, "why? You have seen me without clothing in the past, and right now, you should look because I am wearing my underpants."

Taehyung cleared his throat and rose up, his back facing Jin as he said, "stop it, just put back your clothes on and go back to bed; we are not having this sort of discussion; it is too early in the morning."

Jin's lips curled into a pout as he asked, "Are you going to hang out with me today? You aren't going to go to work, are you?"

"Seokjin, we will hang out over the weekend. I cannot remain home with you; I have a commitment to the King and a job that cannot be put on hold because you want me here." Taehyung responded and walked off to the bathroom without allowing Jin to respond to him.

******

When Taehyung came to the room around half an hour after taking a shower, he noticed that Seokjin was sitting at the edge of the bed, swinging his legs as he glanced at him with a smile. He asked because he couldn't understand why he was smiling like that. "Why are you smiling like that?"

"I had a conversation with my father, and he told me that you don't have to come to work today; instead, you may stay home with me."

The muscles in Taehyung's jaw tightened, and he experienced a change in his emotions as he asked, "why would you do that?"

"Do what? Putting in a request to my dad to have you spend the day with me? Why wouldn't I just go ahead and do that? Because you didn't want to do it, and that's what I want, I went ahead and did it."

"So you felt the need to do it because that's what you wanted all along? I've already told you the answer is no. You are crossing the line, Seokjin-"

"Am I overstepping my bounds because I want to spend time with my husband, who is reluctant to take a day off from work? I know you do not intend to request time off from the King. Everyone knows how dedicated you are to working for him, including me, and it shows. However, I am certain that my father would never refuse to help me and that he won't object if I ask him to give you time off work so that you may be with me. How can we expect our marriage to improve if one of us is usually gone and the other is cooped up at home? Don't you want to spend time with me?"

"This is not going to work. I can't do this marriage with you."

As Jin listened to Taehyung's words, a lump began to form in his throat. He forced it down and swallowed it, "you can't do this with me because I want to spend the day with you? I don't understand Taehyung. According to what I've been reading, marriage isn't about what one person wants; rather, it's about what both people want, and I believe you just want things to go your way all the time."