Thirty-Five

A/N: Again, with a lot. I wrote this since last Tuesday, but couldn't find the time to edit it until now. Now, that does not mean there are no errors, that's unavoidable. 

*****

"Where are you going?" Hoseok asked breathlessly, struggling to match Namjoon's brisk pace. "Are you done searching for Taehyung? What did the note you found say?"

As Hoseok spoke, Namjoon continued walking at a brisk pace, unable to hear any of his words. His thoughts and emotions were in disarray, consumed by anger and the need for answers. He was determined to uncover the truth and knew there was only one way to do so.

As Namjoon forcefully pushed open the hospital room door, a look of absolute shock crossed Jimin and Yoongi's face. They were desperate for answers about Taehyung, but their questions were left unanswered as he marched over to the bed where Jin lay.

Jin, fragile and dependent on his Alpha's blood for both himself and their unborn baby, was hooked up to a transfusion machine. In a gasp-inducing moment, Namjoon unexpectedly extracted the plug from the machine, disrupting the flow of life-saving blood to Jin.

Looking concerned, Yoongi hurried over to Namjoon, reaching out to take the plug from Namjoon's hand. However, upon catching Namjoon's intense gaze, he visibly flinched and promptly backed away.

"Namjoon, what are you doing? Have you lost your mind? Your brother could die," Hoseok declared angrily as he marched over to Namjoon, grabbing the plug from his hand. He was then shoved with force, causing him to almost collide with Jimin. Thanks to Hoseok's quick pivoting, he was able to avoid hurting his Omega.

Their loud commotion prompted two guards to hastily enter the room, eager to see what was happening. Alarmed by the scene that greeted them, their eyes quickly fixated on Jin, who was audibly expressing signs of distress.

Afterward, their gaze shifted to Namjoon. With a hesitating stride, they attempted to advance towards him, only to be halted by Namjoon's utterances. "If you take another step forward, I will kill you! I need the King and Queen here right now!"

Shocked by his brother's actions, Jimin had been the only one not to move since Namjoon entered the room. It's not that he didn't want to move; he didn't know how to. The scene before him was overwhelming, and his body felt frozen in a state of shock and disbelief. This was not like his older brother; something had to be wrong, and he could feel it.

One of the guards rushed out of the room to alert other guards of the chaos and ordered them to inform the King and Queen of what was happening.

As the pain became unbearable for Jin, he felt like his body was on fire. He tried to reach out to his brother through his tear-filled eyes, not knowing what was happening or why he was suffering so harshly. The once burning sensation at his neck was replaced with a feeling of warmth that slowly grew cooler, even though the intensity of the pain in his body did not stop.

Namjoon's chest tightened as he took a deep breath, his eyes fixed on Jin's mating mark. The once fiery red and swollen mark had now visibly subsided. With a sense of relief washing over him, Namjoon carefully reconnected the cord of the transfusion machine to the outlet.

The King and Queen made their entrance into the room just in time to witness Namjoon's actions. With a fierce look in his eyes, the King swiftly moved toward his eldest son, gripping him tightly and forcefully pressing him against the wall. In a commanding tone, he demanded, "What are you doing?"

The queen rushed to her son's side, tears streaming down her face. Gently, she caressed his cheek and whispered, "I am so sorry, my baby. You are going to be okay, I promise. This isn't your fault; you didn't do anything wrong. I shouldn't have allowed you to mate with a monster."