Twenty-Two

Dear Seokjin,

I am certain that this is not what you had in mind for the morning when you went to bed last night. Even if I did not want this to happen, there was no way to stop it from happening. I have noted that you have always wanted me as your Alpha. There is no turning back now that we are married; we cannot undo what has been done. Nevertheless, a significant amount of compromise is required to get what we want and expect from one another.

I need some space to think about the situation. I will not leave you permanently, but I need some time apart from you. I believe that taking some time apart will be beneficial to both of us.

I am not the Alpha I should be to you, and I know this. I am quite set in my ways, and that is something that I wish to improve on. You deserve better from me, but I can't give that until I work on myself.

On the other hand, you have no understanding of anything other than what it is that you wish to persuade yourself of. I know that many things you do are not your fault, but I cannot take on the responsibility of instructing you in all there is to know. You must also have the desire to be able to learn about and comprehend how our lives are different; yet, I do not believe that you are capable of doing so.

While I am gone, feel free to give me a call at any time. I will call you as well. As I stated, I am not leaving you. I am giving myself some space to think about this situation. That time was not made available to me before or after our wedding. Things continue to worsen, and I'm afraid I will lose control around you.

I have high hopes that being physically separated from one another may allow us to bridge the communication barriers that we are unable to overcome when we are in the same room together.

It's alright if none of what I've said here makes sense to you since I fully expect that to be the case. I am well aware that your dad won't be happy with me. That does not bother me in the least. I am not trying to harm you by doing this, but I need this, if only temporarily. I must take a moment to collect my thoughts and figure out how the two of us can function together. I am sorry that I have not lived up to your expectations of what an Alpha should be like.

Sincerely,

Taehyung

******

Present moment

*****

Jin's mother was comforting her son by wrapping her arms around him. She couldn't believe what Taehyung did, and it made her regret giving her blessing to the couple's marriage. Her son had done nothing to deserve any of this, and it was a shame on their family that he had disregarded their son in the manner he had.

"You can sever the tie; you do not belong with someone like him. Given that you are a royal, you are worthy of the best, but he is not the best for you. I am sorry this has happened to you, my baby."

While he sobbed into his mother's shoulder, Jin clung to her firmly and said, "I don't want to destroy my relationship with him. I love him, mom."

She sighed. "Seokjin, he left you. He doesn't love you as much as he should. You can have your choice of any other Alpha you want."

"Mom-"

"He will not mate with any other Alphas. Taehyung has politely asked for time apart from our family, and we will accommodate his request. He has always been a trustworthy individual who keeps his promise. I have faith that he will come back as he has spoken. Since I learned from your brother that you are on birth control, we can have peace of mind knowing that he did not leave you pregnant. I am happy you both decided to delay having kids while you work out your differences.