Fifteen

During Taehyung's comments and revision of his upcoming speech, the king paid close attention to him. He was often taken aback by how seriously Taehyung approached his job. This was their first meeting after Taehyung had returned from his honeymoon with his son, he had expected that Taehyung would notify him of how things were or how being mated to his son was, but not a single word about it was spoken.

Taehyung had returned, and everything was back to normal; he expressed regret for having been absent for so long and proceeded to catch up on everything he had missed, including revising the king's speech.

The king cleared his throat and said, "Why don't we take a break?" He was not as excited about his speech as he was about knowing how things were going with his son. He had not heard anything from Seokjin, which concerned him, but he was also aware that his son acted on his own timetable, so he was eager to learn from Taehyung about what had happened and how their married life was going.

In response to the king's words, Taehyung bowed his head and said, "if that is your wish, we can take a break."

"Taehyung, you are my son-in-law; there is no need for any of this. Please have a seat, and let's talk."

Taehyung had anticipated the king's request to talk with him; thus, the request came as no surprise. As he took his seat, he reflected on the thoughts in his mind, making sure they were clear.

"Seokjin has not visited my wife and me since he returned; nevertheless, he does so whenever he has spare time, which is fine since we don't want to trouble him. We know that he is often quite busy and has a great deal on his plate. Also, now that I know he is married, I am certain that he has discovered other things to which he is dedicated.

He's probably redesigning the rooms a million times, which is a tendency he has until he settles on something he loves. Even though my wife had worked with the designers so hard to select the most appropriate designs that we knew he would like, we are never quite successful, so I hope he is not driving you mad with this.

Since he has not yet paid us a visit, you know that we, as his parents, are interested in how he is doing. I understand that you were uncomfortable when he chose you, but I hope things are going well now that you are married, right?"

Taehyung, upon hearing the king's words, sat up in his seat to look directly at the king, "Seokjin has not come to visit you since our return?"

The king shook his head, "no, my wife nor I have not seen him. Perhaps he will pay us a visit soon; after all, he has a very busy schedule, as you are aware."

Taehyung's jaw tightened as fury welled up inside him, but he managed to keep it under control, "Thank you for letting me know that. In terms of how Seokjin is doing, he seems to be doing fine. As a newlywed, I must acknowledge that there have been many difficulties since we married. Seokjin and I come from quite different backgrounds, and our views on a wide range of issues differ.

Seokjin is important to me, and I want you to know that. In accepting him as my Omega, I promised to be a good Alpha to him. On the other hand, I have been working hard to ensure that Seokjin realizes that the way he was raised may not have always been appropriate. I would not want him to raise our children in such a way, either.

He has a lot to learn, and I feel that responsibility has been put onto my shoulders. Which I have now accepted, but as his Alpha, although I respect you as the king, I would prefer it if you do not interfere with the development of our relationship; that's my only ask."

"Son, I am pleased to learn that our Seokjin is important to you," says the king. "His mother and I are well aware that he is one-of-a-kind and that we may have had a significant role in that. I can tell you that I will not interfere with your relationship. Neither of our children's relationships has ever been meddled with by us. The only thing I want is that no harm be done to any of our children at any point in time. During the first few years of Jimin's marriage to Hoseok, I was able to see his struggles. When it came to Namjoon, I never had any concerns since he and Yoongi are so different. They got married after much deliberation, so I felt they were ready.