Eighteen

Taehyung exited the bathroom and walked into the bedroom he shared with Jin, where he saw Jin seated on a blanket on the floor with two notebooks in front of him and snacks spread out around him. He was perplexed, but he chose not to say anything as he walked to the closet and began getting dressed.

"I want to play a game with you. It was mentioned in the book that I am now reading. When you are finished, can you kindly come and sit with me?"

"I am tired," Taehyung responded while pulling a shirt over his head.

Jin furrowed his brow and said, "It won't take long, and it's something for us to do so that we may learn more about each other. From what I've read in the book, I get the impression that there is a lot about you that I don't know that I should know."

Taehyung heaved a sigh, hung his towel, and then moved over to Jin, where he sat down on the ground. "What type of game is this?"

Jin broke out in a broad grin; it was clear that he was enjoying himself. Taehyung had decided to engage in playful interaction with him even though he was tired, making him happy.

"It's not really a game, but I want it to be thought of as one. We shall question each other with questions to which we are really interested in the answers. We will also respond to the questions openly and honestly. You are welcome to question me about anything, including my preferred pastimes and foods. I believe this will help us become more familiar with one another and the things we enjoy and dislike."

Being impressed that Jin had thought of something like this, Taehyung nodded, "okay, that's fine. What's the purpose of the notebooks?"

"Oh, so if we want to remember the answers, we can write them down or keep track of the questions we've already asked. It may be used for whichever purpose you want. I will take notes so I can recall your answers."

"Okay."

"I grabbed us some snacks; feel free to pick and choose the ones you want to eat."

"I'm good, thanks."

Jin glanced downward but did not utter a word regarding Taehyung's response as he took up his notepad and said, "if it's okay, I will ask the first question. Do you like working for my dad?"

"I do."

"Why?"

Taehyung inhales deeply and then says, "it gives me something to do, and your father is a good man; he was to my father, and he is to me. He is a trustworthy King who has contributed much to the development of our kingdom."

"Aww, I am happy you view my dad like that," Jin said with a smile. "He is the kindest person, and I am delighted to hear that he is very kind to you. Many people fear my father, but they have no reason to feel this way if they get to know him. He has always been there for me in times of need."

"You are his son. There is a different treatment. Anyway, why did you choose me as your Alpha?"

"I know I have told you this before, but I've always had a huge crush on you. You are usually serious, yet you have an incredible sense of loyalty to my father. Not only does he frequently mention you and how he thinks you would have been an excellent choice for a son-in-law, but he also says how much you are a great person. I thought it would be nice to fulfill his wish, but more than that, I've always had the impression that we were destined to be together. So selecting an Alpha was a very simple process for me, and that's why I begged my dad to let me make the decision myself; I knew that doing so was the only way I could be with you.

To tell you the truth, I hadn't planned on getting married so quickly, but when I overheard an omega say that they had slept with you, my heart sank, and I knew I had to hurry up and get married in order to protect myself from more pain like that. I am not used to having my heart broken. Therefore it was difficult for me to cope with the situation."