Twenty-Eight

The king took a few long breaths as he surveyed his son and Taehyung and then returned his attention to Taehyung. He was aware that he should not have chosen to speak with Taehyung when Jin was around, yet, it had become practically hard for him to contact Taehyung since Jin was usually around him. For him, Taehyung was to be blamed for his son's anxieties since there would have been no cause for his son to feel the way he did if he had been a better Alpha and not departed.

"Son, since I honor your wish, I promise never to again refer to you by that name. On the other hand, I want to express how much your mother and I would value it if you could rethink your decision to hold your anger toward us. I know that what she and Jimin did to you was hurtful, but had your Alpha not left, none of it would have happened."

Taehyung was certain that the king would say so, but he vowed never to acknowledge any responsibility for the blame of Jin's miscarriage. Because of a lack of communication between the two of them, his Omega made the independent decision to become pregnant without his knowledge. As a result, the circumstance that arose directly resulted from his Omega's desire to behave in a way consistent with how he had been brought up, which was to do whatever he wanted regardless of the outcomes.

"I am not at fault for Seokjin's miscarriage."

"How can you-"

"Dad, as you know, I've been through the most upsetting thing ever, and it's been very hard for me. Thanks to my Alpha here, I've been able to feel safe and secure every day. I hope you are not here to ruin what has been going well for me and cause me too much stress, which could affect my ability to get pregnant in the future." Jin pouted as he stared at the king.

Taehyung glanced at his Omega before pulling him close and kissing him on the top of his head. "Baby, your father is thinking about your well-being, and I am sure he is not here to cause you any stress." Upon the conclusion of his response, Taehyung turned his gaze toward the king.

Before speaking, the king cleared his throat and glanced around, saying, "Jinnie, I am sorry. Since I don't want you to be stressed, and because you and your Alpha are trying to conceive again, I will explain the situation to your mother so that she can give you the solitude you need and understands why you need it. I hope we will hear positive news from you and your Alpha during the next several weeks."

"Thank you very much, dad! Taehyung and I will most certainly have some exciting news to share with you all very soon." Jin disengaged from his Alpha and gave a bear hug to his father.

"Son, I am looking forward to hearing this wonderful news. I am overjoyed to learn that your Alpha has decided to begin a family with you. With all that you have gone through, I do not doubt that you want to become a parent even more than you did before." Taehyung was the subject of the king's fixation as he spoke.

Even after all that Taehyung and Omega had spoken about throughout the previous couple of weeks and even earlier in the day, Taehyung could not comprehend his Omega. When the topic was brought up in front of Jin's dad, he was certain that Jin did it purposefully. The anticipation was created that they would make efforts to have a family soon.

When the king departed, and Jin smiled from ear to ear, Taehyung glared at him. He was not approving of Seokjin's action as it went entirely against their many discussions.

"My dad wants us to have a baby."

"Seokjin, we discussed this before your dad got here. Why would you say that to him?"

"We didn't talk about anything at all. You don't want us to have children, but I'm hoping we can have a baby! You heard it from my father: I want to have babies even more than I did before. Everything is a reflection of what I had to go through. If my father now believes that we will have one, we need to go ahead and have one. Also, as your Omega, it will allow me to have a sense of safety and security."