13. you lied.

I know you're just scared.." he whispers.

Tears continue to fall onto my cheek.

"I was scared once too.." He proceeds to wipe my tears away as I moved my head away from his hand sobbing quietly.

"I know what it's like to be different. To be alone in this world." He spoke.

I looked at him with full teary eyes.

"Like you, I didn't fit in with the other children. Something was wrong with me. All the teachers and the doctors said I was "broken" they said." He looked at me then paces slowly around.

"My parents thought a change or scenery, a fresh start in Hawkins, might just cure me. It was absurd." He walks "as if the world would be any different here." He spoke.

"But then, to my surprise, our new home provided a discovery and a newfound sense of purpose" he spoke "found a nest of black widows living inside a vent. Most people fear spiders. They detest them".

"And yet, I found them endlessly fascinating. More than that, i found a great comfort in them. A kinship." He spoke as his back faced towards me.

I stood there still horrified.

"Like me, they are solitary creatures. And deeply misunderstood. They are gods of our world. The most important of all predators. They immobilize and feed on the weak bringing balance and order to an unstable ecosystem" he spoke.

So now hes telling me that he has an obsession with black widows?

He slowly turned back towards me. He looked angry.

"But the human world was disrupting this harmony. You see, humans are unique type of pest, multiplying and poisoning our world, all while enforcing a structure of their own." He stares into me while he speaks.

"A deeply unnatural structure. Where others saw order, I saw straitjacket. A cruel, oppressive world dictated by made-up rules." He stares at me.

"Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades. Each life a faded. Lesser copy of the one before. Wake up, eat, work, sleep" he shouts.

I flinch a bit.

He slowly walks to me and whispers "have sex and die." He leaned in a bit.

This made me slowly back up a bit.

"Everyone is just waiting, waiting for it all to be over. All while performing in a silly, terrible play, day after day." He slowly walked towards me even more closer. "I could not do that." He said.

"I could not close off my mind and join the madness I could not pretend and I realized..." His eyes slowly calm down and paused his sentences.

"I didnt have to." He looked into my eyes deeply.

Those eyes that were so innocent, soft, and pure turned into madness.

"I could make my own rules. I could restore balance to a broken world. A predator.. but for good" He slowly spoke.

"As I practiced, i realized I could do more than I possibly imagined. I could reach into others, into their minds, their memories." He furrowed his eyebrows.

I looked at him if he was sick, insane.

"I became an explorer. I saw my parents as they truly were. To the world, they presented themselves as good, normal people. But like everything else in this world, it was all a lie. A terrible lie" Peter slowly walked away pacing slowly.

"They had done things, y/n... Such awful things." He looked at me angrily.

I could feel his wrath. His sorrow and anger.