20. bad and good news for eddie.

It was the next day as I was packing my bag and getting dressed up. I have talked to dustin about grabbing some food for Eddie because it's been 2 days he has ran away with nothing on him. We all agreed and went shopping for some food. I payed for all of it since the rest were cheapskates.

After a few minutes of driving we had arrived secretly. Dustin barged open the door as Eddie flipped out "jesus!" He shouted pointing his half smashed beer bottle.

"Delivery service" Dustin spoke smiling.

We have Eddie all the bags that had food and he devoured some cereal and milk. Stress eating. "So we got uh some good new and some bad news, how do you prefer it?" Dustin spoke. "Bad News First, always" Eddie replied.

"Alright bad news, we tapped into the Hawkins pd dispatch with our cerebro and they're definitely looking for you. Also they are pretty convinced that you killed chrissy" Dustin spoke as eddies face expression drops.

"Like 100% kind of convinced" Max spoke.

"And the good news?" Eddie asked.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet" I spoke while fidgeting with my rings "but if we found out about you it's a matter of time before other do and once that gets out everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you" robin finishes.

"Hunt the freak right?.." Eddie sadly spoke. This broke me but it was all true "Exactly.." I whispered looking down at my hands. "Shit" Eddie breathed out.

"So, before that happens we need to find vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence" Dustin spoke. "That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie spoke sarcastically.

"Yea, no that's pretty much it" Dustin replied.

"Listen, Eddie i know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean they have a few times but me only once. Mine was more human flesh based theirs was more smoke related but bottom line is, collectively I really feel we got this" Robin spoke.

"Yes see we usually rely on y/n and this other girl that have super powers but uh.. the other went bye bye sooo" Steve blurted out.

Everyone gave Steve the stare. "What?" He Asked confusedly.

I gulp a bit while staring at my rings. "Woah...y/n... has powers?" Eddie surprisingly asked. I just nodded and looked at Steve like "wow thanks for blowing it off man" he just shrugged "he had to find out anyways" Steve justifies.

I shook my head in stress as we all hear the police siren coming "the tarp!" I whispered shouted as eddie hid under the tarp. The rest of us looked out the window of the shed and saw cop cars and an ambulance passing by our house.

We looked over at each other and told Eddie we will be back then hopped in the car then started driving off to where the cops were headed off to.

We got there and there was a detour there made us stopped and park. We saw Nancy talking to the policeman's, she looked over at us looking upset and sad about something or someone.

I looked over at the white cover that was on the road and took a breath closing my eyes who it was and saw the vision of fred being snapped. I gasped and looked around. Robin held onto me "hey hey take it easy...breath" She whispered worriedly.

I look at her and breathed then wiped my nose.

We have gone to the benches at where the trailer houses were at as we negotiate. "So you're saying that this thing that killed fred and Chrissy it's from the upside down?" Nancy asked. "If the shoe fits" Steve replies "Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse" Dustin adds.

I was breathing heavily but it was quiet while I fidget even more with my rings. It has to be him. Peter. I can still remember how the kids at the labs were like. Just like Fred and chrissy. The more I think about this ,the more I get anxious and scared. I've been having visions and nightmares about him. Always him.

"Hey.." Steve touches my hand and I flinch out of my own thoughts and looked up at him "hey" I breathed out. Steve looked concerned and worried about me. " doesn't make sense" Nancy spoke "its only a theory" Dustin replied. "No fred and chrissy dont make sense i mean why them?" Nancy brought up the real big question.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place. They were both at the game" Dustin continues "And near the trailer park" Max adds. "We're at the trailer park.." Steve spoke looking around "Uh should we maybe not be here?".

"There is something about this place" Nancy spoke "Fred started acting weird the second we got here" she adds on "Acting weird as in?" Robin asked "Scared, on edge, upset.." Nancy finishes. "Max said chrissy was upset too" Dustin spoke.

"Yeah, but not here she was crying in the bathroom at school" max stated. "Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right? So maybe fred and chrissy saw this vecman-" Robin was going to finish until Dustin cuts her off.

"Vecna."

"I don't about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone" Steve spoke. "Maybe they did. I saw Chrissy leaving ms. kelley's office. If you saw a monster you wouldn't go to the police. they'd never believe you but you might go to your-" Max was cut off.

"Your shrink.." I finished off and got up quickly "we have to go see ms kelley then" I started walking off to the car but Nancy on the other hand walked the opposite direction "woah nance where you going" Steve asked worriedly. "Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first" She said "Something you wanna share with us" dustin shouted a bit.

"I don't wanna waste your time. It's a real shot in the dark" Nancy spoke. "Yea ok are you out of your mind" Steve protectively spoke "flying solo with this Vecna on the loose? No it's too dangerous you need someone to to with you.." he spoke trying to throw off some signals.

"Is he for real right now?..." I whispered to myself. "Here I'll stick with nance you guys take the car and check out the shrink" Steve spoke while tossing the keys to robin "Steve i dont have a license" robin spoke. "Well why don't you have a license?" Steve asked "Well im poor" Robin replied "plus let me go with Nancy and you take care of the kids" She walked over to Nancy as they started walking to Nancy's car.

Steve just sighed "be careful!" He shouted then got inside the car. He started it "always the babysitter, always the goddamn babysitter" he exclaimed. I scoffed "its okay you are greatly trained at it" I spoke.

"Yeah yeah" Steve just shrugged and started driving to ms kelleys house. After a few minutes, we have finally arrived. Max went inside to see if she could pull out some information. Steve and dustin in the front arguing some immature stuff.

I placed my head back and closed my eyes for a few seconds until I fell into my trance on accident. I shot my eyes open and looked around. there was nothing here, just pitch black with endless of water against my feet. I could hear echos and voices that I couldn't really trace.

"It was very naughty of you coming in like this" Spoke a voice behind me. I turned around and saw him once more "peter..." I whispered out as tears form in my eyes. He smiled and cupped my cheek and caresses his thumb against her cheek as tears slowly run down my face.

I was crying not because I didn't miss him. It's because I'm scared. I looked up at him "You are killing them... you know that right?" I sobbed in my sentences. He just smiled as if nothing happened and continues stroking my cheeks "mhm..." He hummed with a soft gentle smile.

I cant believe he is enjoying this. This makes me feel sick to the stomach. "I hate you s-so much" I breathed out trying to get out of his grip.

"Aw...you are just saying that because you're scared, am I right?" He whispered then his form slowly turns into a vine looking creature.

Vecna.

.

.