29. the war.

"Okay. I wanna run through it one more time" Nancy spoke as we parked and hid the van near some woods as she slowly turns around towards us looking at us.We were all dressed up for this fight and gathered around a bit.

"Phase one" Nancy said. "We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready" Robin said.

"Phase two" Nancy spoke. "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance" Steve spoke.

"Phase three?" Nancy spoke. "Me and Eddie will draw the bats away and y/n will help along a bit" Dustin spoke.

"Four" Nancy spoke "We head into Vecnas newly bat-free lair, and flambé" Robin shook the glass that had fuel inside it that she and Steve made.

"Five" Nancy spoke "Once I feel vecna under a trance, I will try to reach max and get her out of Vecnas trance." I spoke confidently.

Nancy nodded her head "Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no mater what. Got it?" Nancy sternly instructed.

"Got it" We all understood and grabbed our equipment we needed to bring then got out of the van. We walked down to eddies trailer quietly and secretly trying not to get caught. We ran and went inside the trailer closing the door behind.

"Be careful" Dustin worriedly spoke to steve.

"Thanks, buddy" Steve spoke and dropped his equipments then started climbing up the rope towards the gate "Here goes nothing" He lastly spoke. He continued to go up till he dropped down to his feet.

Robin sarcastically played being impressed "wooahh what does he want us to do, applaud?.." She mumbles. I shook my head in disbelief. Then, he pulled out a mattress and lays it down "Alright! Lets go" Steve spoke.

Nancy dropped her stuff and Robin gave her a kneel for her to get up easily on the rope. She quickly climbs up and drops. We threw some our equipments up as it drops on the other side. Then eddie goes, then Robin, dustin, lastly me.

I dropped down and stood up quickly as we head out of the door quietly. "Hey guys listen, Steve looked over at me, Eddie, and Dustin. "If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort okay? Draw the attention of the bats keep them busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of vecna. And please be on a look out for max y/n" Steve stated.

I nodded assuringly. "Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something okay? You guys are just-" Steve was going to finish until he was cut off by Eddie and Dustin "Decoys".

"Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve" Dustin sarcastically said. "Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes." Eddie adds on. Steve nodded then started walking off until eddie called him again. "Hey, Steve?" He called out as Steve stopped his tracks.

"Make him pay." Eddie lastly spoke to him. Steve nodded and walked off with Nancy and Robin. This might be the last time I see them. I looked over at dustin and Eddie.

I breathed out "Let's do this" I spoke.

They both nod and we started collecting materials to cover up the trailer just in case if bats attack us you know shelter.

We ripped some fences and started collecting some wood. Metal boards. Anything just to cover up the house. We started drilling and hammering against the house covering every inch of it.