23

Karina's eyes widened in shocked.

Her eyes are swelling with tears and at that moment you decided to let your hand do what it wants.

And No, you have no plan slapping the girl.

Karina felt a hand on top of her head caressing it softly patting it lightly. For her, it was comforting so she didn't bother to raise her head up.

She knows what you're doing and you're aware about it too.

This became a habit of you and Karina. It's a way of telling one another that you're here no matter what and that it's okay whatever you're fighting through silently.

You didn't stop doing that.

No matter how mad you are right now, you can't just get mad at her like really bad.

Karina feels more guilty.

Her own mistakes and regrets are hindering her from everything.

While you, you felt suffocated.

You're suffocates with all the what ifs invading your head for the past years, but only to hear the answers as a childish and selfish one.

But no matter how hard you tried to not burst, you ended up bursting.

" This is frustrating " You scoffs pulling your hand away from her.

Karina quickly looks up at you ready to apologize again, " Im sor- "

" Stop!! " You shouted a little stopping her from apologizing.

" I understand you.. I do! But " with tears now flowing down to your cheeks, you shake your head. " How could you do this to me ? "

Karina bites her lower lip trying to not repeat the two words.

" Do you have any idea what I had to go through before and after you left ? "

" I barely sleep! I barely had enough rest! " You shouts in frustration didn't care if someone will hear it aside from her. " Every single day I keep questioning and doubting myself after what happened. "

Karina is taken back.

" You had me go through all of that alone " Your voice cracks, and to Karina that is a sign. A sign that she already caused you lots of pains.

You took a deep breath trying to calm yourself down before you could lose the control any second or minute.

" I told you I want to end this in good terms, right ? "

Karina didn't like where is this coming, but she grab all of her courage to gaze up on you who's now standing.

" And I want that to-o " Her voice cracks.

" I know. " You nodded your head. " That's why.. "

Taking a very deep breath, you look away from her ready to say the sentence that you thought what's best for each other.

" That's why. Lets not meet each other again "

Karina's breath hitched, it feels like her world just stopped.

" For the both of us, so we can heal " You added.

Everyone and anything around the table feels like it stop, and that counts Karina's heart.