02 | the start of the dorm life.

as soon as jungkook stepped foot into the dorm, his eyes landed on his new roommate who was sitting on a couch, a cigarette in her hand as puffs of dark smoke left her lips. when they made eye contact all she did was point to her left, the raven assumed that she was directing him to his room. with a small nod he walked towards where she had pointed.

pushing open the door to see the empty and clean room was a relief for him, chucking his bags onto his bed he looked around the room. it felt good to finally have a stable place to stay, for the past year he had been bouncing from hotels, rentals, under bridges until he had enough money to afford to go to highschool.

he was starting to get use to the way the world works, he learns as time goes on. while placing his stuff around the room, his eyes scanned his time-table. english, sport, art and history. he quite liked the look of the subjects that were picked for him.

jungkook spent the rest of the day organising his things, while also driving to the grocery store to grab some food. before he left the pack he had a decent amount of savings, he used some of the money to rent a very small room for a little then once he found a job he bought a car.

while on his way home, his eyes scanned the houses and shops that he was driving by. he loved human life so much more than pack life, he never wants to go back. being the only werewolf definitely was scary, he knew how to hide his sent that is why he always wears a ring.

even if he did not have it on, humans wont know that he is a werewolf but if something angers him they will figure it out once his eyes change. the ring protects the outside of him, hides his werewolf abilities. with the ring on he is a human but without it, he is a true-blood.

placing all the groceries on the kitchen counter and opening the fridge was a little confusing, it was empty. his hands gripped the handle bars of the shelves and pulled them towards him, frowning when he realised they were all empty. his eyes turned towards the women on the couch who was scrolling through her phone.

"do you not eat?" jungkook questioned, voice calm but assertive as he started unpacking the food he bought.

"I dont really stay here, I am only here when my friends are busy. I eat out or eat at theirs. you wont really see me here" she rolled her eyes afterwards, eyes trained on her phone as she typed fast.

jungkook was not disappointed by what he heard, she did not seem like a nice person anyways. as long as she does not steal anything of his that was all he cared about. after stocking up the fridge he walked towards the bathroom to see it was empty and looked like it had not been used.

'she really must not be here often'

after living in the human world for the past year he has learnt to adapt to their ways, it was nothing extremely different from how they lived in the pack so it was not a major change. it was just little things such as transport, cars, lots of people, crime.

crime was huge in the town they lived in, lots of murders, stabbings, shootings and robberies happen in the large town. jungkook was not scared though, maybe that was what made him different to everyone else. he knew that if he ever encountered someone that was about to hurt him he would just bite his neck off.

turn into his wolf form, which he does so now and then in the woods where he knows no packs are located. it was important to him to keep that sense of belonging, he did not hate being a wolf. what he hated was having major responsibilities and feeling pressured into doing things, he hated having no control of his life.

his head shot up when he heard footsteps reach the front door, he slowly exited the bathroom and casted his eyes onto the door until he heard a knock. as soon as his hand reached the door knob he pulled it open to revel a male with black hair and a blue and white jersey draped over his shoulders.

"wow, they said you were hot but I did not think you would be this hot" the male let out, eyes going from jungkook's hair to his feet. the raven opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out, if anything he was confused as to what was happening.

"oh sorry, that was embarrassing. my name is sam, I am the captain of the volleyball team" a bright smile was casted against his face as he put his hand out, the smile getting wider once jungkook met his hand.

"jungkook" was all the raven said after shaking sam's hand, once his hand came to his side he cleared his throat when he noticed sam looking at his chest. "a-ah sorry" sam chuckled, hand going behind his neck as he scratched it.

'why is the new kid so fucking hot, how do I ask him to be friends without seeming like a pedo'

when jungkook heard what sam was thinking, he bit his tongue — trying his hardest not to let out a chuckle or laugh. "It is my first day here and your the first person to say anything nice to me so thank you" the raven whispered, soft smile on his face when sam looked up with the happiest and joyful smile.

"well, I was wondering if you would like to hang out with myself and my group of friends. we could use someone with your height on our team" sam offered, his eyes meeting jungkook's as if he was afraid to hear the reply.

"I will think about it" jungkook smiled.