The baptismal

( This happened after the engagement party)

"NO! YOU THINK PAPAYAG AKO SA GAGAWIN NIYO!" I shouted furiously.

They look at each other before Wynter utter. "It's a family tradition, Fluer " she said coldly pero hindi ako natinag.

"And you think hindi ganito ang magiging reaction niyo when you find out na maghihirap ang taong mahal mo?!" I burst out.

I know it's a family tradition but I don't care.

" Thay—" Afriane tried to calm me.

"SHUT UP!" They all became silence. "Giselle suffer a lot at alam niyo 'yon! Hindi ko hahayaang maghirap siya sa kamay ng pamilya ko. " I heaved a deep sighed. " I'll take the consequences. I'd rather suffer than Giselle. " I said that surprised them.

"You think you can stop the elders if you want to break the tradition?" Kadynce utter calmly.

" You'll understand me if you were in my shoes. Whatever the consequences na ibibigay ng mga elders saakin, I'll accept it all. Kahit ang mapawalang bisa ang baptismal gagawin ko. " I utter in conviction. No one can stop me now. Hindi ko hahayaang masaktan si Mi Luna. Not now and never.

"Isipin niyo nalang na mangyayari rin ito sa taong mahal niyo. You think hindi magiging ganito ang reaction niyo saakin? Sevrianna understand what I feel right now. I'll break the baptismal. Whatever the consequences. My decision is final. I love Giselle so much and I can't take it if something bad happen to her. I'm afraid that she might turn down the wedding just like what happened to Sevrianna and Majaliah. I'd rather die than letting her experience the baptismal." I said and everyone became silence.

Sevrianna came closer to me and tap my shoulder. "I'll take the consequences with you." Then she smile at me.

"Nababaliw na ba kayo? Stopping the baptismal is a curse!" Giit ni Afra.

"It's a family superficial beliefs, Afra!" Kadynce mutter.

"Superficial? What happened years ago when someone tried to stop the baptismal, you still remembered that?" Afra gritted his teeth. The atmosphere became intense.

"Huwag mong ibalik ang nakaraan na 'yon Afra!" Sevrianna whine.

"Afra is right. When Ate Rachel tried to stop the baptismal for her fiance, anong nangyari? We experience a traumatic and painful night. " Kuya Dave said.

"It was coincidence!" Avrielle interrupt. "Hindi kasalanan ni Ate Rachel na gusto niya lang protektahan ang magiging asawa niya sa baptismal! Ang nangyari sa gabing 'yon ay nakatadhana na. That our family bound to experienced that hindi dahil sa sinubukan ni Ate Rachel na alisin ang baptismal sa family tradition. Hahayaan niyo bang magsuffer ang mahal niyo sa buhay just to keep our family out of trouble? Nakatadhana ng maging ganito ang pamilya natin! Our family is a trouble maker iyon ang hindi natin matatakasan but the baptismal? We can do something to stop it. " Avrielle explain and I agree to my sister's remark.

Everything happened that night, February 14, valentine's day is a coincidence and it was bound to happen. Nakaraan na 'yon. Nangyari na ang lahat. Maybe the reason we are still continuing the baptismal is that we are afraid and furious about that night. We fear that we might experience it again if we stop the baptismal. But I realized that we were blinded by fear. We are not brave enough to confront the fear deep inside us. Pero gagawin ko ang lahat to protect Giselle from this baptismal. I don't want her to suffer again.

"You all know what will happen to you if you stop the baptismal. " Lolo Vicencio's voice is dangerous and full of authority. Nakatayo kami sa harap ng mga elders namin. Hindi ko alam kung bakit at paano nandito ang ibang pinsan ko para samahan akong itigil ang baptismal. Maybe they also realized na mangyayari rin ito sa magiging asawa nila. Even Sevrianna is here kahit na tapos na siya sa ganito. Nandito pa rin siya para sumuporta.