ARC ONE:CHAPTER FIVE.

The emperor looked at me in silence for a second before he broke the ice.
"I see. It must have been hard on you. You are as brave and noble as I thought you to be."

He sounded sentimental. But too bad I did not feel even a peck of guilt or sorrow for Carlos's end. Retribution and karma got him for his sins.
Chuckling I replied, "Your majesty, there is no child in this world who, would feel for their father, when he kills and preys on children my age. Carlos never tried to wipe his hands clean. So he had this coming. Its called karma of the almighty."

"Lady Eve, truly has my admiration." He complimented me. The way he smiles looks so genuine so i couldn't help but return the good will.

On another note, i had a lot more to talk to the emperor across me.
"If Your majesty doesn't mind, i would like to speak my heart out for a while."

He gave in without hesitating. "If it's my benefactor, as long as it's within my powers, i shall grant you anything. Please go ahead."

I thanked him before starting. My requests were simple. I wanted to keep my identity as secret, including the matter that i was the informer of the emperor who assisted him in executing Carlos. Because, if this leaked out, it would garner unwanted attention that I didn't wanted.
I also wanted special permit for some trade routes and a trading license. The reason was related to the mission board.
The second mission was to counter attack against Lara. Regarding this matter, after contemplating a lot I discovered that counterattack did not necessarily mean a cock fight with the female lead. There are more than one ways of counterattacking someone. It can be done both actively and passively. Regarding the third mission, which was over generalised, i also found a way to deal with it.

In short,

Fame. Money. Prestige. These were the three elements that I needed to focus on.
Furthermore, i must covet everything that will be Lara's as per the novel plot. As long as I take over all of her golden thighs like her future bussiness agendas, it could be counted as counterattacking against her plot. Except that she will never know that it was supposed to be hers.
By latching onto her golden thighs, the third mission will automatically activate itself.

We talked over my requests for a few more hours. I had also made a selfish request asking for the license procedures to be done by mid night. The emperor agreed without hesitation. And there was no delay. Because of our talk, he realised that I was in a hurry to leave without being discovered by hidden wolves and rats.
And since he was grateful to me, he gave in to all my demands.

I departed from the capital to a nearby city early in the morning.

In this way, I was successfully able to avoid Lara and her two husbandos.

I quickly forgot about them. Instead my attention was on the trading bussiness i was going to work on from now on.
By this time, Lara's husbando, Duke Ropert must be trying to get a few words out of the emperor.

Given how months passed by without any trouble I assume the emperor kept his words.