ARC THREE:CHAPTER TEN.

The image of the child who made history with her debut, on her tip toes, trying to reach for the door knob, and while in the process she jumped to cling onto the handle....

The image of the little girl dangling on the door handle, it was just too revolutionary.

"Pffft...... Hahahahaha.... What in the... Hahaha." Prince Ledrix couldn't contain his laughter anymore. The scene flashing in his mind was way too epic to not laugh out loud.

Prince Linselt also had his shoulders shaking vigorously. He was laughing in silence.
Meanwhile Prince Lourad was still holding in his laughter because he felt that it would be rude to do so as a fellow human being.

The guards and the maids had also done their best to hold their laughter at the adorable dorky actions of the moon Princess.

Queen Lhea was blushing from her cheek just rewinding that cute scene from earlier. What was with this sassy cuteness? This was darn.....

Except for the emperor, who once more realised that the child he had once shown contempt to, was nothing more than just an innocent, witty child, he realised that he had been rude to her in many ways thinking that she would try to covet Lucy's position or grow to become jealous of Lucy. One thing he realised with this meeting was that Dia had zero interest in doing any of that. For some reasons it made his heart feel lighter.

With this meeting, the hostility from the L family towards Dia had decreased a lot. Although Dia was unaware of it.

A few months went by until their next meeting. Although they had brief encounters, they never had another time together with the moon Princess until later.

************************************

The office of the moon Princess remained at the magic tower. So I remained at the tower living with my aunt as usual. Unlike how soft the title "Moon Princess" appears to be, the role of being one was definitely not easy. The Moon Princess precedes over all the matters related to havoc caused by miasma and beasts attacks as well as mana conflict occuring in the entire empire. Her political status gave her power to remain as an autonomous body.
Hence for most of the time I was outside the imperial palace walls, going through different adventures.
It was fun discovering more about my own abilities.

The more I learnt about my powers the more I became surer that these powers did not belong to this body but my soul.

I had to stop by the palace once in a while. So one time I ended up meeting Lucy. She was accompanied by Loid Ruxem, who had his eyes only on Lucy while ignoring me like I was a peck of dust even though it was Lucy who came running to me. The way she was running like, Pitter patter with baby steps was cute though.
Her soul may be older but her physical body was still that of a kid so her actions were rather adorable.

During our first meeting she asked me just one question.

"Do you hate me?" To which I replied if she has done anything to incur any kind of malice from me.

The next time we met, she asked me a different question. And just like that the times we met over the course of a year increased. It even surprised me that my eight birthday just went by without much trouble. Still, having a small talk session with Lucy was not bad anyway. Sometimes i would even bump into the Queen and the three princes. Though I limited the chances of encounter by avoiding them.
Until one day an envelop from the emperor himself was sent to me.

Hah? I read the content of the letter again, which by the way, was asking me to baby sit Imperial Princess Lucy Vor Vixelt.
So in other words.... The emperor was requesting me to baby sit his dear beloved daughter.
My eyes almost bulged out at that request. The end result though, i ended up accepting it.

And so here I was sitting with the entire L family.

"....." This turn of events was quite a shock to be honest.

"Moon Princess, how do you solve this riddle?" Lucy showed me an extremely advance book for her age as she pointed her little fingers at a poem riddle.

"Ah this? Actually it's very easy. You just have to figure out what word each line is indicating and draw it. If you do that you will get your answer...." I explained it to her.

"So the answer is a clock." She solved the riddle with my help.

"Yes." I explained it for her. "The clock in this riddle refers to the golden wall clock of the Feirer empire which is embedded into the walls of the Feirer academy. Thus the clues scholars, gold, land of setting sun etc."

While we were the only two indulge in long conversations the rest of them stayed quiet. Or rather i think I was lost in my conversation with Lucy so I forgot about their presence.
Both Lucy and i ended up talking about books for a very long time.

Which is why, i did not realise when I fell asleep.

*Sleeping*

Unaware of the peaceful sleeping face i was making while I was away in Dreamland i had no idea about the strange thoughts of the emperor when he watched me and Lucy fall asleep into each other's shoulders.

"Its not so bad." The thought he had at the sight of us sleeping together, i never got to learn about them not until I left that world.