ARC THREE:CHAPTER FOUR.

The Emperor was extremely intimidating. The description in the system did him dirty. He looked more scary and dominating in flesh. He was sitting on the throne. And of course his carbon copies were also seated by his side.

The first son. Born from the late empress, Empress Lisa. Prince Lourad vor Vixelt. He was like a younger version of the emperor himself. The same face, the same hair colour and the same eye colour. A carbon copy of the father.

The second son. Prince Linselt vor Vixelt. Born to the 1st queen, Queen Lhea And the third Prince born from Royal Concubine Lari. Prince Ledrix vor Vixelt.

Lucy vor Vixelt was absent though.

Damn this L family.

The L family eyed me up and down, seizing me from every angle. It was very terrifying to be honest because I was just a kid right now. So if they come after my head I would be powerless to defeat all of them. Plus. I glanced at my aunt who was standing close to me, holding me in her arms protectively. She had lowered her eyes in fear the emperor might take offense. Of course i did the same. 

"So you are that woman's child." Emperor Lange Vor Vixelt finally spoke, his voice itself was intimidating.

Damn it. Getting rid of your illegitimate children just because you want one of your illegitimate daughter to be special... Why didn't you just used contraceptives instead. Why did this damn emperor slept around so casually knowing what would lead to it. It was tragic, truly tragic because those children of his were already rested in their death beds just with his order.
No. I put those thoughts aside for now. Right now i must focus on the current situation.

Fortunately, according to the plot, the emperor doesn't kill Dia. This was because he had plans to use her as a shield for Lucy in case problems arise in the future. Specially for diplomatic solutions.
Though she ends up dying because of neglect and abuse even before she hits her 20s. That route was out of my option.
First things first i must face these bunch of L bastards first.

Alright begin. "Um...Are you...." I deliberately made myself look vulnerable and weak as I raised my eyes towards the throne.

"How dare you." When he said that angrily in a loud voice, i immediately halted my eyes right at his feet.

Of course. Of course he would be angry if his illegitimate child dares to look at him in the eyes right at our first meeting. Not to mention i am a girl.

Everyone except i out of his illegitimate children were boys. I and Lucy were the only girls amongst them.

I sighed inwardly then tried again. Keeping my eyes glued at his feet. "Are you my..um...biological parent?"

*Crack*

There was a bolt of lightning that flashed right before me. It was the infamous royal's spear. Only the emperor and his children could wield it.

I felt my aunt crouch down before me. She was trying to protect me from the spell.
But of course i wouldn't let any harm befall her. So i let out my most special card. 

*Crackle*

My magic reacted with the lightning bolt. When the two magic collided against each other it caused a loud sizzle, beautiful azure blue sparks exploded as a result.

*Boom*

"!!!"

Everyone present at the chamber were wide eyed at this scene.

The emperor immediately diffused the magic reaction that caused an uproar.

"You!"

I heard his voice. Yikes. I am so glad I didn't say father when I asked that. My aunt was still protecting me, blocking my view. But i could still feel the intense stare i was getting from the L family.

I ignored the whispering amongst the guards and the few officials present here. All my attention was on four pair of eyes that were locked onto me. I peeked from my aunt's arms because I felt another stare falling on me.
Then i saw him. The shadow guard of the protagonist. Liod Ruxem. Damn it. Even he was also an L. This is really an L family.

A man almost in his seventies looked at me wide eyed. He was an elder at the magic tower. "This...." He hesitated for a moment. But either way he said exactly what I wanted him to say.
"Your majesty, she can use magic."

I secretly gave him a thumps up. Good job Elder Ed.

The emperor and the three carbon copies looked at Elder Ed at the same exact moment. Their eyes clearly screaming shut up.
Liod Ruxem was already unsheathing his demonic sword.

But of course, Elder Ed was a stubborn individual. "Your majesty. We must have a discussion regarding this matter." This was because females manifesting the royalty spear magic at such a young age was extremely rare in the Vixelt bloodline. If they were able to do so, just know that they were a rare gem to find within the royalty itself.

The air in the chamber was condensing. It felt like a cold coffin.

So i added fuel to the fire. "I am sorry." I said. "I am a good girl. Please don't kill me."

I said that loud and clear in a very tiny voice.

The emperor's enraged eyes glanced at me with contempt and hesitation.
He closed his eyes and turned away after a second.

"Ed Richard. Take her with you. And train her."
Just with those words, the emperor was out of sight.

The elder vowed his head. And so did the rest of them.

Meanwhile his three copy cat sons spared a look at me then left as well.

Oh and Loid too.

My aunt picked me up in her arms. Her stance still very protective of me.

"Young lady." Elder Ed approached me with a friendly smile.

Old man. Good job. I exclaimed inwardly.