ARC THREE:CHAPTER EIGHT.

The official announcement was finally made. Today I was going to receive the title of the Moon Princess. Hehe. I have achieved my goal. With this, i can have a standing for myself. The Moon Princess was the highest status a woman could have in the empire. Only exceptional prodigies and geniuses born into royalty were offered this title.
The first prince was also offered this position as the Moon Prince but of course he had no use for it so he rejected it. Thank you prince Lourad. For doing that even before I was born.

Aunt Rhiya was doing my hair for me. "Princess. Please make sure to accept the title with pride. Everyone is saying you deserve it." She said calmly.

I looked up at her. "Um. Aunt. Don't worry." I grinned showing my teeth.

"My adorable little universe." My aunt hugged me, kissing me on my cheek. So i kissed her back too.
"Oh my." She gasped with blushing cheeks.

I kissed her on her other cheek. "Because I love my aunt a lot. You are my only parent. The only one I love." I said that because I knew she was worrying about what happened that day.

Aunt Rhiya replied. "So long as you know. Thank you my dear."

After my hair was done into a half braid, she placed a beautiful hair clip into my braid bun. Aunt Rhiya also helped me dress up. Once i was done, she asked me to look in the mirror.
As expected. I looked like a living doll. Well, my looks were always exceptional to begin with but with my current Ash white wavy hair and Jet black eyes, it made my features more prominent. I then looked at my aunt who was also wearing a beautiful silver gown.

"You look very lovely." I told her the truth. Because my aunt was also a rather charming beauty.

"Not as lovely as you." She chuckled. Then she held my hand as we walked down the stairs.

The Elders were all gathered downstairs, waiting for us. When they saw us, loud gasps were heard.
I smirked knowing many of them had their eyes on Aunt Rhiya, who had zero interest in them.

"Oh my Princess. You look adorable."

I smiled at them replying. "Thank You Elders. All of you are always handsome but you all look extra handsome today." I greeted them with the noble etiquette gesture.

"Hng... Princess." They were making some rather crying noises but we ignored it anyway and headed for the venue.

When we arrived at the palace, it was already crowded with nobles. As soon as we walked in, all eyes were directed on me because I was the star of this show.
The L family were seated at their designated thrones. This time the addition of the two mothers of the prince was a new sight. Both of them were beauties. The surprising event though, was the appearance of Lucy.
I knew that meant the emperor was going to announce her as his daughter officially.

"Two illegitimate princesses. One seated on the lap of the emperor and the other standing amongst the audience."

I am sure these nobles were thinking so as they sneered at this scene in silence. But i did not give a care about that.

The ceremony proceeded without any drama. I received the tiara and the cloak of the moon Princess from the Emperor himself.
Everyone applauded for us. The emperor's stern eyes still made me a tiny bit uncomfortable but i ignored it. After all, i can't be affected by that gaze of his everytime. If that happens my life would only become tiring.
I was elated when the main event ended. Elder Ed introduced me to a bunch of important people. He also made me aware of my schedules from this day onward. Good. Now I will have a wonderful excuse of avoiding the palace for good.

I thought I was going home straight with my aunt after the ceremony ends but oh boy was I wrong.

*Sweat. Sweat*

This... I fiddled with my fingers placing them behind my back.

An unexpected invitation from the L family.

The emperor, the three brothers and the queen including i were seated together in the same room. These guys were definitely checking me up. Specially the queen's eyes which seemed to lit up a bit everytime our eyes met.

"Your title."

When the emperor said that it took me a second to realise what he meant.

************************************

The sudden appearance of another illegitimate princess threw the emperor off guard. He did not like the idea that Lucy wasn't going to be his only daughter with the addition of Dia. Even on the day they first met, he did not liked seeing this child, who was definitely from his own blood. It was an impulse on his part when he attacked her last time which led to the turn of events till now.
What's done was done. Emperor Lange had announced Lucy as the only royal princess just today while Dia was crowned the title of the moon Princess. The moon Princess stands apart from royalty. A royal blood can't have both the title of a royal crown and the moon Princess at the same time. So it was convenient for him to use that excuse to establish Lucy as the only princess of Vir Vixelt.

The only issue that remained was that of the surname which the moon Princess would be using. Given her own consent. Which is why he seeked audience with an uncomfortable heart and invited Moon Princess Dia to a private talk.
As for his queen and his three son, they were here with him out of mere curiosity.

"Your title." He got straight to the point once the tea was served. Emperor Lange looked over at Dia, who was awfully dolled up for the occasion.
Her looks were proof that she was indeed his off spring.

"Ah." A low yet childish voice replied him instantly. "I would prefer being known as Dia Rehens."