ARC ONE:CHAPTER NINE.

When the day of the ball arrived I picked a beautiful dress which I had designed myself to wear for the day. I had Yovis and Clara accompany me to the ball.
The dress I was wearing was a blend of a lovely purple shade of the lightest and light baby blue floral design. The neck of the dress was sewed into a heart shaped neckline. I braided my hair into two rows at the side of my ear. With a little bun held at its place the rest of the length was left to flow. Adding some floral decorations as my hair accesories, and some glitters and make up, the look was finally complete.
My get up was kind of like a fairy's. Well. I had some public announcement and some advertisement to do. So, this was necessary.
Plus, it was Perfect. This was to my very taste.

When we reached the palace, I could feel the gazes directed at me. At some distance I saw Lara with her two husbandos. I turned away from them. Last time, it was by accident, but I ended up interrupting her smexy time with Resley. They were so bold, having that kind of aggressive sex in broad day light, in a public place.

Kyaaa..... I squeled in silence. The hentai scenes from the novel were very graphic. I rate the hot scenes a 1000 out of 100.
Thumbs up!!!

The ball began with a toast to the emperor.
I stayed at the sidelines, observing everything. When everyone is busy, I wanted to have a private audience with the emperor.
From the corner of my eyes I saw Resley and Lara glancing at me as they danced. Ropert was by the emperor's side. He was blushing whenever Lara smiled at him.

Geez. What a puppy. Ropert, by no means, was an easy guy but when it came to her seduction, he fell very easily. A few smiles from her and he was blushing down to his neck.
Given this situation I am sure they have fucked already. The hot scenes came flooding to my mind, making me blush a bit.

"My lady, may I please have a dance with you?" When I came back to my senses a hand stretched out for my approval. I looked at the guy. He was a brunette. A very fair young man. My original intention was to refuse him but then i saw Resley making his way towards the direction i was standing, so i smiled and took his offer.

"Thank you." I smiled as we both danced away into the crowd. Thanks to this young man I was able to avoid Resley. As expected, he and Lara were observing me.
However I had the system pull some tricks. There was no way they knew that I was the one who took care of Carlos Porid. Because according to the manipulation of the system, the data they would have on me would be the identity of an orphaned girl who worked through the waves to establish a trading bussiness. So they shouldn't know.

"Are you enjoying the dance, my Lady." The man holding my hands asked me.

"Not bad, sir." I replied

"Has it been good ever since you came here?" He asked again.

"Indeed very good." I replied ignoring the strange phrase of his sentence.

Then the man leant into my ears.

"Your performance has been excellent. I am impressed."

*Pang*

"!!!" I shuddered at his words. Then I looked into his eyes. And the smile sitting on his face became creepy and chilling.
In an instant the fair face of the man crumbled, instead, what I felt was the bone chilling presence of a being from beyond this world.

"Congratulations. You are very perceptive and competent." His eyes curved as he faked a sweet sweet smile. Except that it left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

The music stopped. Then he bade me a farewell. "I shall officially meet you again. Very soon."

I watched as he disappeared from my sight into the crowd. The heart beat against my chest felt so painful. It was making me feel tired.
Forcing my focus back to the present situation, i gulped. Nervous and agitated.

The thing I feared has become reality. The system....this system... There was someone behind this damn thing.

Note:Just some Character design for our mc.