Chapter Twelve • Gus's Potato Sack

OMG OMG OMG

WE DID IT!!! 🤯🤯😍😍🥳🥳🤩🤩🥹🥹I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS10k READSTHATS 10000TEN THOUSANDI AM LOSING MY SHIT OMLTHANK YOU THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!  I LOVE YOU GUYS 🥹🥹🥹

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS
10k READS
THATS 10000
TEN THOUSAND
I AM LOSING MY SHIT OML
THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!  I LOVE YOU GUYS 🥹🥹🥹

Willow splashed cold water onto her face, pushing her plaits back.

She placed her hands on the basin and looked at herself in the mirror.

In truth, Willow didn't fully understand why she was crying exactly. Hunter was one of her closest friends! That was all. She should be happy for him. She was happy for him.

But still, Willow understood that Priah could be... a bit much. She only wanted Hunter to be careful. Because that's what friends do. They look out for each other.

This comforted Willow. At least it explained why she was si devastated about this.

Didn't it?

Hunter walked over to Luz, the only person he knew who owned a cell phone.

"Hi Luz—CY! Lucy! Hi." He said, forgetting how crowded the halls were.

"Hi H- uhhhh Caleb. Sup."
"I need to borrow your cellular device."
"Uhhhh why."
"I need to learn how to be a good boyfriend to Priah."
"...so it really is true."

Luz took in a dramatic shuddering breath and looked down to the floor. Then she placed her hands on his shoulders and looked into Hunters eyes, glaring into them with her tear filled ones.

"My dude... *sniff*... I have taught you well."

Hunter just stared.
"Actually you haven't taught me anythi-"
"Nonsense! I taught you how to get girls!"
"...WHEN-"
"Hush child." She snapped holding her finger up to him. Hunter slapped it away, which resulted in Luz slapping him back, and therefore initiating a slapping fight.

It ended only when Amity pulled Luz away to spend time with her, leaving Hunter on his own and still lacking the information he had set out to retrieve in the first place.

He sighed as he went out the nearest door and slumped down on a bench. Hunter was emotionally drained. He had never had to speak to so many different people in one day. Hunter pulled at his sleeves anxiously before doing the math in his head for how much longer until he could head home.

He groaned as it added up to three and a half hoursish. But his thoughts all vanished as a voice was heard.

"You mind if I sit here?"

"Not at all!" Hunter replied almost too eagerly. Willow smiled brightly at him before taking a seat and sighing.

Despite the crowded chatter and footsteps of students, the two sat in comfortable silence. Every now and then, however, one of them would snatch a glance at the other before quickly looking away, cheeks vermillion.