SCENE NINE. dancing in the rain

it was a warm night. the air light around them and the coiling streets of hawkins illuminated by street lights. it’s a night made for pictures and romantic evenings, for big confessions and quiet moments. it’s a beautiful night. piper had snorted when steve said that, told him that he was such a dork but steve was right. there is magic laying in the air tonight. and with the two being hopeless romantics, that even though the two only sat upon the hill of hawkins. a bag things from the store as there picnic, crisps, sweets and cheap pastries. and they laid on a blanket from the back of steve's car. piper loved steve, and even with the clouds above them suddenly breaking open, heavy rain falling down onto them and drenching them in a matter of seconds. the rain, too, is warm, running down her skin and settling in her hair, building a wall between them and the rest of the hawkins. laughing, piper tilts her head up to let the rain fall on her face when a thought struck her. something she had always wanted to do.  dancing in the rain. piper looks so beautiful right now, more then usual. laughing in the rain and her hair clinging to her face which was turning slightly red. the cold tinge on her cheeks growing on her face.

“may i have this dance?” piper questioned as she abruptly stood up. holding her slightly shaking hand out for the boy to take.

"you're going to get us sick." he commented but she could only smile. and well, steve could never deny his piper a thing, even more so with the pretty smile of hers. he would go to the moon and back for her. and piper does look especially beautiful tonight, ethereal and carefree, shining in the darkness. laughing as well, steve lets himself be drawn in, watching piper twirl and dance to a melody only the two could hear. the girl softly humming a song as they swayed. and for once steve follows her lead, swirls her and tries to match her moves, never letting go of her hand. its a ridiculous thought, but piper looks like she might just float away if steve let her go, and he doesn't intend to let that happen. it like she was some kind of angel. even with the warm rain making him uncomfortable, she looked unbothered. she didn't seem to care about the hair sticking to her face. or how the rain was seeing into her clothes and would soon make her very cold. it mayeven make the girl ill, but right now. in this moment with steve harrignton, all she felt was joy.