SCENE ONE. pep rallies and pretty girls

and nobody saw her, it was as if she just disappeared. not even robin or dustin. the only one who had was max. well peolehad seen her, it was hard to miss her. a cheerleader, one of the prettiest girl in school. but none of the group had actually gotten to talked to her since the break up. she would just run away as they walked up to her. it had been eight months since star court and one since the parkington break up. which would still be whispered about in the halls of hawkins high. piper parker, the ex girlfriend of steve harrington, the pretty girl who was friends with the one with a dead brother, something the two girls had in common. and since the breakup a few things had happened, she was ignoring the rest of the group. got her licence, a car too. a 1980 mustang, a car that max would often be sat in the passenger seat off. like right now. a micheal jackson song playing on the stereo, billie jean.

"you know what you did, breaking my heart babe." the two girls sung as the pair pulled into the schools car park.

"i'll see you in the stands." piper grinned as they pulled into a spot, max grabbing her own music. max and piper were really good friends. but the ginger also knew it wasn't a good look for the cheerleader to be friends with a loner. max gave the girl a small smile as she left the car, starting to walk away when ms click called for her. piper already going to join the rest of cheerleaders with the warm ups.

everything was going well, her and the cheerleaders had the routine going and it was going good. the band humming along with the song. robin seemed happy, smiling as she looked at the pretty girl next to her. max was cheering for her. and soon it was time for the tigers to come through. listening to jason's boring speech. until a name reached her ears.

"think of thomas, think of heather, think of billy." and piper's heart came to a halt, her smile fading. how dare he? piper looked up to max sat in the stands. and the second the pep rally was done, piper was up. rushing to max.

"he's a dick anyways maxine."

"oh my god, don't call me maxine."

"okay maxine, i have art. do i'll see you at break." and max couldn't help but smile. nodding as piper patted the girls head before heading to her counsellor. piper watching her go, it hurt. that max never talked to her about that stuff. about her best friend who killed her step brother. the mall. but she did tell the girl about her sleeping problems, something the two girls had in common. they would start making sure the other one is okay. so when piper rushed into the bathroom to go to the toilet and found max stuffing pills in her mouth, her face could only crumble as piper quickly wiped away her own tears. max couldn’t see she was crying. before the sound of someone throwing up sounded through the bathroom. both girls looking at one another and then the stall.

"hey, are you alright?" max questioned as she took a step towards the stall.

"yeh- it's- i'm fine." a voice whined back, a voice pier was able to reconike. i mean, she was a cheerleader after all and she knew everyone. just like she could tell it was chrissy.

"chrissy? are you sure?" piper asked, giving max another worried look, a cheerleader throwing up in the bathroom was never a good sign.

"please just go away." and piper nodded, motioning for max to follow her back out the bathroom when chrissy gave a scream. followed by a cry. piper rushed into the bathroom to find everything as it was before. empty. the girl rushed to the still the girl had been in. only to find her curled against the gap between the stall wall and the toilet.

"chrissy, babes. you alright?" piper questioned once more but the girl never spoke, instead only jumped at her. wrapping her arms around her and hugging her. the taller girl obviously confused by the action but followed her actions. mumbling how she was fine.

---

OMG I HIT 40K VIEWS!!! AHHHH I LOVE ALL OF YOU <3