SCENE THIRTY EIGHT. do you copy?

"eddie!" dustin cried. lugging himself over to the body lying peaceful. the pain in his leg spread, but he found himself not caring as he spotted the red paint on eddie's chest. his shirt ripped and torn. teeth marks sunken into his skin.

"oh god, eddie." dustin croaked. bringing the boy closer to him as he held him.

"bad huh?" eddie joked as dustin kneeled beside him, the boy looked like wreck. eddie found himself thankful piper wasn't around. it hurt to see her upset, but for her to be sobbing for him like dustin was right now. he best be dying. which he was, he knew that.

"no, no. you're going to be fine. we just gotta get you to a hospital. okay?" dustin cried, lips wobbling as he spoke. hands clutching at the boys leather jacket.

"okay." eddie choked. blood staining his teeth. however they both knew that wasn't how eddie's story goes. 

"all right, all right." dustin spoke, attempting to pull the boy up.

"i think. i think i just need a second, okay?" eddie gronaed, the pain in his torso only grew as dustin tried to help move him. dustin moves his hand, red coating his fingers. he felt almost sick. no. not almost. he felt sick to his stomach. eddie's blood covering his hands.

"i didn't run away this time, right?" eddie questioned, his feable attempt of a smile on his face. the quickly paling face, blood loss. he was loosing so much blood.

"no, no, no. you didn't run." dustin cries, lip quivering between his teeth. eddie coughed, blood splatering over his lips some more.

"you're going to look after her for me, you know that okay?" eddie whispers, bring his hand up weakly to dustin's face. 

"eddie. no you're gonna do that yourself. you love her, let me help." dustins tears dropping onto eddie paled skin. 

"nah man. i love her, but it was one sided dusty. you have to make sure she's okay. dustin, do you copy?" he cries, the pain only blooming. not only just twitching in his chest. but everywhere.

"i'm gonna look after..." dustin starts but cuts himself of as eddie goes to speak. 

"good, cause i'm actually gonna graduate. i think it's my year henderson. i think it's finally my year."

"give this to her." he speaks. moving his head. looking down at his fingers. dustin moves his own hand softly over the boys rings. till he lands on the skull ring. eddie knows its not piper's style. yet he knows she'd appreactie it neverthless. he knew they wouldn't be able to drag his body back. he'd be safer here. he wouldn't be left alone by the hawkins town members, not even in death.

"i love you, man."

"i love you too." and a single tear rolls down eddie's cheek. he found himself dying, even in his final moments. eddie found himself happy to be with dustin. the little brother he always wanted. his eyes twitch slightly, moving to the side. dustin cries his name, shakes his shoulder. but the boy's already not there. eyes lifeless and body stiff. and he cries. dustin cries and cries. he hears steve's voice on the radio beside him. but he can't find the strength to move. sobbing over eddie's body.

"lucas." the door to the attic slams open, the lock shatters. erica rushing up the stairs. clutching the flashlight in one hand. holding her hip with the other. the tackle to the ground had hurt more then she let on. but she comes to a halt at the sight before her. her brother sat sobbing, cheeks flared and eyes red with tears. max held softly in his arms. she could see the red on max's face. they had been to late. she noticed the headphones to the side, crushed.

"we need a doctor! call an ambulance!" he screams. erica's eyes wide and jaw slacked yet she nodded. stumbling back down the stairs.

"lucas." max criessoftly. the boys attention snapping back to her.