Chapter 10

In four months it will be 2023. Jesus, time goes by fast.

Evie:

It's been a month since I moved here to Chance Harbor. In that small time frame I found my little sister, my birth mother, figured out I was a witch, bound the circle, and was tormented by a ghost whose not at all dead and is, yet, another witch. I've been staying with Diana the past couple of days while we keep trying to figure out how to solve my stalker issue, and tonight is the night of the dance that Diana and I are helping Cassie and Sally set up.
I got dressed for school and then Adam came by to give me and Diana a ride. We talked all morning like we usually do and it's nice not having to deal with circle related stuff.

"Have you found a date for tonight?" Diana asked as she and I made our way to our lockers.

"No, but it's fine honestly. Cassie said she and I could just go together, and Melissa might join us."

"Ooh, that sounds fun, a little girls night," she laughed.
The school day went by as typical, seven rotating classes, Faye and Melissa trying some witchy stuff during chemistry, and then the routine ends by Adam taking me and Diana to the boathouse.

"Here's your latte Evie, and coffee for you," Adam said as he gave us our drinks. "I also just saw Faye, Cassie, Melissa, and Nick."

"Thank you Adam," I said. We smiled at each other and then he went off to continue working. Cassie and the others came up to us and sat down. Nick stood beside Melissa, who sat next to Faye, and Faye was next to Diana. Cassie sat on my side.

"Faye is Dawn going to be at the dance tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, she and Diana's dad are going to be chaperoning the students, why?"

"No reason, was just asking so I know if I need to avoid her or not, in which case I do."

"I think you'd have a better chance at forgiving her if you knew why she gave you up," Diana said. "She knows that too, so it must be a serious reason."

"I don't care if it was because Faye's dad didn't want me at the time or she couldn't take care of me, I just want to know the truth. Seriously, what is so bad that she can't tell her own daughter why she gave her away?"

"I don't know," Cassie responded.

"So who's riding with who tonight?" Diana asked.

"I offered to pick Cassie up, Melissa I can do the same for you if you're coming with us," I said.

"Yeah, sure," she replied.

"Still not sure if I'm going yet, and if I do I'll just drive myself," Faye added.

"And I'll be with Adam, okay so I guess we'll just meet each other there. E, are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, let me just get a free refill from your beloved boyfriend," I smirked. "Adam!" I yelled as I lifted my cup. He laughed and took it to go give me another. What? These lattes are good.

Diana and I left to go back to her house to get ready. She wore a simple black strapless dress and black heels. Then she added diamond earrings with a matching necklace and a couple rings.
I put on a black leather mini skirt with a black sleeveless crop top, a necklace with pink and yellow stones, and black heels. We curled our hair and did neutral makeup. We split a little while later because Adam picked her up, and then I took my car to go get Cassie, then head to Melissa's. I pulled up to Cassie's house where she lives with her grandmother. I went up to the door and then knocked. It opened, and a curly red haired lady answered, whom I'm assuming to be Jane Blake.

"Cassie's grandmother?"

"Yes, she's upstairs," she replied with a warm smile. "Come on in, she'll be right down." Jane let me inside and I stood there as Cassie came down the stairs. She had on a red strapless ruffly dress with black open toed heels. For accessories she had a ruby bracelet with matching earrings. Her blonde hair was curled and flowed elegantly down to her chest. Her makeup was minimal; she already had a beautiful face.