Chapter 43

This'll be the last chapter I'll write today. When do y'all get out for Christmas break? Ours starts on the 21st, which is the middle of the week. It's pretty dumb to me.

Evie:

The next morning I got out of bed and fed Luna. I stayed in my pajamas instead of getting dressed because I'd be changing later anyways. Today was Saturday, and prom was tonight. Afterwards Diana would be leaving, so the others and I concocted a plan to have a going away get-together/prom after party.
I started a pot of coffee and then made some pancakes and bacon for breakfast. There came the knock I was waiting for, so I went to the door and opened it. I let in Diana, Cassie, Faye and Melissa. The girls and I wanted to spend the day together, due to Diana's approaching departure.

"Good morning," Faye said in a fake British accent.
"Ooh, I smell food!"

I laughed. "Breakfast is coming up ladies." We all ate at the island in my kitchen.

"So tell us about this Grant you're running off with," Melissa said as she took a bite of her bacon.

"He's handsome," Diana smiled. "He's got short brown hair, and these bright blue eyes. He's also tall, and like I said, has an accent. At first he said he owned a boat but that was to impress me, he actually worked for the guy who owned it. However, he wants to tour around the country and asked if I'd be interested in going along."

"Faye, do you have a potential love interest?" I asked with a smirk.

"What? No. What about you, Melissa?"

"Um.. no. I actually haven't been with anyone since Nick, but I do think I'm going to try to start dating again. It just won't be the same though, you know?"

"I'm proud you're starting to open back up to the possibility of dating someone," Diana said. "Obviously it won't be the same, but just because Nick died doesn't mean you won't find room in your heart to love again. And I'm sure Nick would want you to move on and be happy. All of us deserve that, so be selfish and do what's best for you. All of you."

"We will," I smiled.

"Oh, Melissa, do you need a ride tonight?" Faye asked.

"No thanks, Adam offered already."

"Hm, okay. Blondie you're with me then," Faye then said to Cassie. Their friendship has come a long way, and I'm proud of Faye's personal progress. She used to be a real bitch, though don't get me wrong she still is, but she's a lot better of a person.

"Hey, so does this mean we'll meet this Grant guy?" Melissa asked Diana.

Diana smiled, her cheeks turning bright red. "I asked if he wanted to go, but I haven't gotten an answer yet."

"Aw, well hopefully he does," I said. "I want to meet him."
After breakfast, we all took showers. The girls had their own bags of toiletries, makeup, hair and skin products, and of course, their dresses.

Cassie wore a blue v-neck sleeveless dress with a diamond belt around her stomach. She had minimal makeup and curled her hair. Diana had a red satin sleeveless dress that hugged her chest and fell loosely at her hips. She curled her hair and applied bold makeup that made her eyes pop. Faye wore a black strapless dress that hugged her body. It had lace at the top and at the slit on her left leg. The rest of the dress hanging from her hips was sheer and see-through, definitely her style. Faye put her hair up in a half-up half-down ponytail. Melissa put on a dark teal velvet off-the-shoulder long sleeve dress with a small train and a low thigh slit on her right leg. She curled her shoulder length hair and left it down.
I wore a red crisscross spaghetti strap satin dress with beautiful embroidered lace detail on the upper part of the dress. I added black ankle strap heels and had my promise ring set on my left hand and a dark crimson ruby oval ring on my right. I did a light smokey eye with eyeliner and put my hair up in a messy but elegant bun with my bangs framing my face.