Chapter 27

I am backkk. Tuesday there will be a new chapter (maybe) I'm still thinking about it but I'll be off school due to Election Day. However, the following week is thanksgiving break so I will be updating.

Evie:

My evil little alarm went off, telling me to wake my ass up for school. I'm one of those people that doesn't need five thousand alarms set to wake up in the morning. I easily wake up to one and I'm very thankful for it.
I got dressed, and actually made an effort to look cute today. I wore black high waisted jeans with a red spaghetti strap crop top, and an unzipped black leather jacket paired with black heeled boots. I curled my hair and used a red bandana as a headband. I did neutral eyeshadow and then winged eyeliner. I added mascara and red lipstick and then I was done.

I went downstairs and decided I didn't want house coffee so I grabbed a few granola bars and my bag, and then got in my car. I headed to the boathouse because I had some extra time. It didn't take me very long to get ready surprisingly, but I also wake up almost two and a half hours before school starts.
"Hey Ethan."

"Hey, Miss Latte," he replied with a bright smile. He's called me that since the first day I came here and ordered my very odd but very damn tasty coffee.
"Adam is downstairs if you want to see him really quickly, he should be off to school here soon."

"Oh, thanks. Here, I'll be right back," I stated as I sat down a twenty on the counter for my order. I went to the back and entered through the door to the dimly lit wooden staircase. My heels clicked on the hard and bare floor as I saw Adam getting his school things together on the couch.
He spun around and then laughed.

"I thought it'd be my dad but he doesn't wear heels so then I thought Diana or Cassie. What are you doing here?"

"Stopped by to get a coffee before school. He told me I was free to come down."

"Oh, alright. You look nice today," he smiled softly. "That really doesn't even cover it, you look stunning."

I laughed softly, "Thank you." Jake had asked me to meet him at Java Brew after school.
The door opened and Ethan told me my coffee was ready. I thanked him, and Adam and I both went upstairs. I grabbed my coffee and we talked and laughed until we got to our vehicles. As I unlocked my car and went to get inside, Adam stopped me.

"My dad was thinking and he wanted me to ask how you'd feel about having a job here? Part time, same shifts as me. Obviously can't work the bar but you can do behind the counter and waiting tables. Only if you'd like!"

"That's very sweet of your dad, and actually yeah, I'd like that. It would give me something more to do with my free time when I'm not at school. Do I have to come in for an interview or anything?"

"Nope, I'll just be supervising you for a bit."

"Alright. Thank you, see you at school," I laughed. The entire ride he was basically following me. We parked in the parking lot, Diana and Cassie's vehicles right beside us.

"Ooh, wow. Spicy," Diana said dramatically towards me. "Jake's a lucky guy."

"Hush," I rolled my eyes, she laughed.

"Faye should be here by now," I said. "It's unusual for her to be late."

"Maybe she's already here and inside with Dawn," Cassie guessed.

"Yeah, maybe. Let's go." We went inside and headed to my mother's office. The door was closed, and locked. I knocked, and it opened.

"Good morning, kids. Come on in." Dawn had a smile on her face, and she allowed us inside.