Chapter 35

I'm bored.

Evie:

Jake dropped me off at Faye's. I was thirty minutes late, but it'd be fine.
"You sure you'll be alright?" He asked.

"For the seven-hundredth time, yes," I laughed. I gave him a kiss and then grabbed my bag of clothes to change into. I walked up to the door and knocked as I heard Jake drive off.

It opened, revealing Diana and Melissa who for the life of them couldn't seem to stand straight. "Well you're not the hot-pizza-delivery-man-guy but I guess you'll do," Diana said and grabbed my waist. She pulled me to her and kissed me, tongue included.
I was dumbstruck, and completely lost. One, did my best friend just kiss me? Two, what on earth was wrong with her?

She pulled back, and shrugged. "Not bad." She and Melissa retreated into the house, and I followed, shutting the door behind me. Cassie and Faye walked down into the living room from upstairs.

"What's wrong with them?" I asked.

"They were drinking," Cassie replied.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom, I have to pee," Melissa said as she walked up the stairs. She stumbled, and Faye had to help her before she fell down.
A few minutes later we heard a scream. Cassie and I ran up the stairs and into the bathroom. Melissa was on the floor shaking and foam coming out of her mouth.

"Melissa?!" Faye yelled. I kneeled down beside her, putting my hands over her chest.

"Faye, call Jake," I told her. She stepped back, and Cassie took her place on the other side of Melissa.
I did CPR trying to keep her heart going.

"She's overdosing," Cassie said.

My head sprang up for a moment, "Yeah, on what?!"
I continued, and I could see her eyes beginning to roll.
"Melissa. Melissa!"

She sat up, coughing. I patted her back and held her hair as she threw up into the toilet. When she finished vomiting, she was breathing heavy.
"Evie." She breathed and gripped my hand. She began to fall back, her eyes closing but my other hand supported her neck and I laid her down gently. She was exhausted and weak, and passed out.

"We need to get her to the couch," I said. Just then Jake rushed in, quickly scooping her up into his arms. The doorbell rang, and with a confused expression, us three girls went downstairs. Diana was at the door flirting but we couldn't see with whom.
Jake came down the stairs behind us and took Melissa over to the couch. We walked over to the door. There stood a hot pizza delivery man. What did these girls do before I got here?

"So can I get your number?" Diana asked with a smile.

"Uh, of course," he said. He was in awe and no doubt was interested.
He wrote it down on a napkin and handed the pizza over to her. She set it down and then went out after him.

"Wait," she called. She grabbed the collar of his black shirt with a pizza on it and 'Levi's,' the name of the pizza joint in town, and kissed him. When she was done with that, she came back inside and started eating. I ignored it and dealt with Melissa.

"Does someone want to tell us what happened?"

"She was hooked on Devils Spirit," Faye replied. "I didn't know it would get this bad so I didn't stop her from doing it."

"What is Devils Spirit and how did she get it?" Jake asked.

"Lee. I went over there and his friend Callum was there. He gave me a little and Melissa and I tried it. She's been addicted ever since, getting it from Callum," Faye said.