Chapter 2 - Making Plans

After school, Evan and I went back home where the girls would be meeting up with us in a couple of hours. We need to put together some basic plans for our trip. Until then, our task is to make snacks. A lot of them. All seven of us are pigs and can eat much more than the average person, so snacks are a must.

I walk into the kitchen where Evan had already started to make food. I look at what he's pulled out and there's all of this food anywhere from candy to pizza bagel bites. It all looks AMAZING. Fattening, but amazing. He starts pulling out some chicken wings. "When did you learn to make wings?!" I demand.

"Umm I didn't, I'm just wingin' it. See what I did there??" he says chuckling at his own joke.

"Very 'punny'" I shoot back, giving him a piece of his own medicine. He laughs.

He continues making different concoctions. "Hey, do we have a couple of boxes of macaroni and cheese?" I ask, hoping for a positive answer.

"Yeah, but you're going to need more than a couple boxes if you're thinking what I think you're thinking. We all know you can eat an entire box by yourself." It's true. People always wonder why I don't weigh 400 pounds. Evan points over to the cabinet where the macaroni and cheese is. I open it to see about 8 boxes. I decide to take 4. With all of the other snacks, we won't be hungry enough to eat as much of it as we usually do.

*2 hours later

One by one, everyone starts showing up until we're all here. We sit down in the living room and fill up a plate of food. I'm a little curious about the wings, so I reach over and grab one. Evan stands up to take the lead.

"Ok so we need to have some plans. We're leaving five days from today. I say we meet here in the a.m. that morning. It's about six hours away so we need an early start. Packing-wise, bring whatever you want, I really don't care. To get there we're going to need two cars. Obviously I'll be the first driver, then if Anna gets her license she can be the second one. If not, I hope you guys like taxis." He wait a couple of seconds to see if anyone laughs at his bad joke. No one does. "Geez, tough crowd. Ok so I won't really make you take a taxi. If it comes to that, I'll just rent one of those big white vans," Now directing his speech towards me, he says, "but you better darn well get your license. I would much rather be driving my Mercedes than one of those massive things."

I had every intention of getting my license. Especially since there is a white BMW X3 involved. I've only been drooling over it for months. I've also been practicing a lot, so I should be in good shape.

"Anyways, when we get there, I call the biggest room. The rest of you can divide and conquer. There is one other cabin directly across the lake from ours. There's another group that is going to be staying there. The landowners said they're around our age, so we should be able to expand the fun." The rest of us perked up at this. Sure, we were crazy excited for it to be just us, but the thought of also meeting some new people sound appealing.

"Does anyone have any objections to the plan?"

*silence*

The plans are perfectly fine but I have something else I need to add. "These chicken wings are actually pretty good." We all burst out laughing.

Ari grabs one off of the plate and says, "I was kind of afraid to try one before. You're not really the 'chef' type." He starts to object but stops himself realizing that it's true.

Instead he says, "So do we have ourselves a plan?" We all nod our heads in agreement. All I need to do is get my license.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter's a little short. I'll try and make the next one longer. <3