Chapter 25 - Bro...Back Off

The rest of the day I stayed as far away from Blake as possible. The little twerp. Well, he's not that little...he's 17 like I am and probably 4 inches taller than me but I don't care. I will continue to call him a little twerp. Needing some space, I changed into some slump day clothes, consisting of a sweatshirt and yoga pants then put on my purple Nikes to go for a walk. I packed a small Jansport backpack with a bottle of water, a wireless phone charger, some food, my camera, and a couple of other emergency things. I start to head downstairs, passing Blake at the bottom.

"Where are you going?" He asks, trying to grab my arm as I rush out the door.

"None of your business. Creep."

"Why do you have to be like that? Can't I just be your friend?" He has my arms pinned away from the door.

"You're a little late for that. Creep."

"Please stop."

"I'm taking some me time so back off. Creep." I yank my arm out of his grip and slam the door shut. I decide to take one of the other hiking paths that I've never taken before. There have always been about four or five, I just only ever took the one with Liam.

Before getting too far, I grab a pack of gummy worms out of my backpack. I like eating, okay? For a while I just watch the scenery around me. There's nothing too unique though for about a mile and a half. That's when I start hearing running water. For a few minutes I follow the sound until it gets louder. Much louder. After climbing over a few rocks and pushing past a few branches, I come across a waterfall. Man, I wish Liam was here to see this. I set my backpack on a large nearby rock that looks stable and grab my phone. I pull up the camera app to take a picture to send to Liam. I make sure to get the full essence of it. He texts back almost immediately.

From: Liam

Message: where's this? Missing youuuu xx

From: Me

Message: it's a new hike I came across :) it's missing something though...

From: Liam

Message: like what? It looks like it has everything!!

From: Me

Message: for the most part but it's missing something crucially important

From: Liam

Message: umm, you forgot a swimsuit?

From: Me

Message: crap. Yes. But that's not it

From: Liam

Message: you're camera?

From: Me

Message: no silly! It's you!! :)

From: Liam

Message: awwwww you're adorable

From: Me

Message: ;)

I set my phone down. Even though I didn't bring a swimsuit, I still want to get in the water. I roll up my yoga pants, take off my shoes, and slip off my sweatshirt, wearing my blue tank top that I put on under it this morning. The water at the bottom of the waterfall is slightly on the chilly side, but I get used to it fairly quickly. There doesn't seem to be any fish, or anything really, in the water. Just large stones that are a little slippery. So what do I do? Slip on them of course. I didn't hurt though. My only issue was being soaking wet with no towel. Oops. Oh well. That is, until I hear a rustling in the bushes. Afraid of what it is, I duck into the water. What's there to lose? I'm already wet!

"Hello?" Please no. I don't want to deal with this right now. Blake comes through and immediately spots me, despite my attempting to hide.

"Ugh, what are you doing here? Creep."

"What? Did you fall in or something?"

"No. I wanted to go swimming. Creep."

"Would you stop that?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Creep."

"Listen, can we be friends?"

"I told you I wanted some me time. You have no respect. Creep."

"Would you stop calling me a creep?"

"Why? You are one! Creep."

"I give up!"

"Good! You couldn't tell that that's what I wanted all along? Creep."

"Ugh!"

"Go back and let me have my personal space. Creep." He actually does as he's told and I wipe my hands off on my sweatshirt so that I can grab my phone and text Evan.

From: Me

Message: hey can u give Blake a piece of ur mind for me? He won't accept that I don't want to be his friend and that I like my personal space.

From: Evan

Message: uh, yeah I guess.

I don't think I ever really told him my issue with Blake, but I think he knows better than to question it. I hear another noise in the bushes and expecting it to be Blake, I prepare to flip a nonexistent table. Instead, it's the person I least expected, but most wanted to see. Liam

"Liam! I thought you said you were going to be gone most of the morning!" I run up to him into a hug as he kisses the top of my wet head.

"Yes love, but it's after 3:00."

"Seriously?!" I honestly was expecting it to be 11:00 at the latest. I hadn't even packed a lunch, just a mountain of snacks.

"Wow, the picture didn't give this justice! It's absolutely magnificent!" Well I tried. "Um, did you decide to go for a swim?"

"Uh, yeah."

"No you didn't."

"You're right. I fell in."

We spent the remainder of the afternoon laughing and yelling in the pool under the waterfall. After less than five minutes, he was soaked from head to toe because I may or may not have pushed him under the waterfall. He dragged me with him though, so we're even. At one point, a fawn appeared to get a drink of water, but she wasn't afraid of us at all. Either that or she didn't see us. Things are always more enjoyable when Liam's around.