Chapter 27 - Figuring Things Out

I talked to Niall for a few hours last night to try and find out what is up with Liam. He came back to the cabin while the others stayed back to prepare for the tour. Even with discussing it for hours, we still didn't come up with a logical answer. None of it made any sense. We made plans to meet up at a local restaurant where Niall would drag Liam along and we'd force him to talk.

Liam's POV

Through all of this, I'm wondering how Anna could have even dreamed of lying to me? After all of the times I've stuck up for her...it breaks my heart. I just don't understand. I ran into Danielle about five days ago and she revealed the truth to me. A photo of Anna kissing Niall. Two of the people closest to me. Why?

Recently, they've both been bugging me, asking what's going on, as if they don't already know. Part of me wonders if they don't actually know, but how could they not know? I do miss them though.

"Liam?" Danielle asks.

"Hm?"

"You're thinking about them aren't you?"

"Yeah. I just can't believe it. If you hadn't had photo proof, I would have thought you were lying."

"Why would I lie to you? I love you." This makes me ache. I really don't want to get back together with Danielle, but I don't know what to do about Anna. I should talk to her before messing anything up too much, but not yet. I'm not ready. Everything is still fresh in my mind.

"Do you want to get a bite to eat?" I ask.

"Maybe in a little bit."

"Liam!" I turn around to the familiar face of Niall. I turn back around, still ignoring him. "Liam. We're getting food. No exceptions. "

"I'm not hungry." I try to go in the opposite direction to avoid him catching me. It doesn't work. He grabs my arms and forces me to look him in the eyes.

"Liam, you are going to explain to me what is going on."

"You already know."

"Obviously not." He drags me out towards a taxi that takes us to a nearby restaurant. I don't want to do this, but he's giving me no choice.

"Table for three." Niall says.

"Three?" I ask.

"Anna's joining us." Great. Way to make my day worse. Sure enough, she's the next person to walk through the door. I avoid her gaze and we all sit down at the table.

Anna's POV

Liam seems really upset and it's killing me to know that I might be the reason why. Especially when I don't even know what I could have done. I look over the restaurant menu and order some food. The table remains quiet until well after the drinks are brought to the table.

"Are you going to tell us what is going on or do we have to guess?" Niall asks. Silence. He doesn't seem to want to talk about it, but I don't care. I need to know what's happening.

"Liam? Is it something we said? Something we did? I miss you." I say. That did it. He raises his head, hurt filled in his eyes. It must be serious. He reaches into his wallet and thumbs through a stack of cards, one of which is my credit card that he confiscated a while ago. He pulls out a photo and hands it to me.

I stare at the picture, trying to figure out its relevance. It's a picture of two people kissing. As I look closer, the face of the girl looks like me. The guy looks like Niall. How is this even possible? I've never kissed Niall.

"Liam, what is this?" I ask, Niall looking just as confused about it as I am.

"It's the two of you. Behind my back."

"Do want to know what I do when you're away? Nothing really. I sit and wait for you to come back. Why would I kiss Niall? I love YOU. I recognize my half of this picture from one time when I was kissing you. This was sabotage."

"Also, might I add that my half is from when I kissed a fan." Niall chips in.

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you. How will you ever forgive me?" Liam says, displaying his classic puppy dog eyes.

"Where did you get the photo?" I ask, thoroughly curious as to where it came from.

"Danielle."

"That explains it."

*back at a stadium somewhere

"Danielle?" Liam asks in a sing song voice.

"Hm?" She doesn't even turn around, enthralled in whatever she's doing.

"Would you like to explain the picture?"

"What bogus story did they tell you?"

I motion to the boys to let me talk to her alone. There has to be something she's hiding that she wouldn't dare say in front of any of the boys. Sure enough, they do as they're told and go into a room.

"Is there a reason you're trying to break up Liam and I?" I ask.

"He's mine. I've known him longer and I know him better."

"I don't care." Liam says, charging through the door, coming up behind me, wrapping his arms around my front. "She makes me happy and I would appreciate it if you would leave us alone. I love her and I need you to respect that."