Chapter 13 - The Amusement Park: Part Two

The only food I really wanted to eat here was the funnel cake. I dragged all of the guys to the nearest place to get food.

"Hi! I'll have a funnel cake, please." I tell the server.

"What's a funnel cake?" Niall asks, looking legitimately confused. My jaw drops.

"Make that two funnel cakes please." I say, correcting my order. How has he never had a funnel cake?! When I get the cakes, I take them to the nearest table.

"Niall, sit." He does as he's told. I push his plate towards him, and motion for him to eat it. He takes a bite, slowly chewing it at first, then practically shoving the rest down his throat.

"That's delicious!!" He says, having finished his and reaching to help me with mine. I slap his hand.

"Paws off. Go get another one if you want, but mine's off limits." I point in the direction of the little food shack. I'm usually good with sharing, but not when it comes to food. Sorry. Anyways, he comes back with three more funnel cakes and still manages to finish them all before I finish my first one.

"I think I've created a monster." I say, to no one in particular. Everyone nods in agreement.

"Does anyone want to go on the Ferris wheel?" Liam asks.

"No." We all say in unison. Personally, I'm afraid of heights. I don't know what Niall's and Harry's excuses are.

"Please Anna?" Liam says, giving me the puppy dog face. Ugh.

"Stop doing that! You know I can't say no to that face!!"

"That's kind of the point!" He says with a cheeky smile.

"Ugh!" Niall and Harry are smiling again. What is with these two?! "Okay, fine. But I'm afraid of heights and if I barf, it's on you" I say, pointing at him. He looks as if he doesn't know whether to be scared or to accept the challenge. "But first can we do some of the carnival games?" Now I'm giving HIM the puppy dog face.

"Oh, god. No wonder you hate when I give you that face! It really works! Niall, Harry, are you two coming along?" He asks.

"No, that's alright. We're going to go back to the carousel." Harry replies.

"Suit yourself." Liam says, and we go over to the games. I look at the booths, deciding which one I want to play first, and immediately go for the one with a big stuffed moose as one of the prizes. I have a thing for moose. I just think they're absolutely adorable.

"Let's do this one!" I suggest, and he agrees. The game was a ring toss, where to get the prize, you have to get all three rings on a bottle. The guy hands me three rings and I try to get it on the bottle. I don't succeed, completely missing a bottle with each and every toss. Liam is just watching me, laughing a little. Not like a mean laugh, more of a cute laugh at my inability to aim. I try the game three more times, getting a ring on a bottle a total of once.

"Can I try?" He asks.

"Sure!" I say, handing him the rings. He takes them and starts to toss them. He manages to get all three on the same bottle. My jaw drops. He asks the guy for the moose and hands it to me.

"I saw you eying it." A happy tear almost slips down my face. " What's the matter?"

I wrap my arms around his neck in a big hug. "Thank you." I say, and He hugs me back. "I never could have done that." It wasn't that winning was that important, it was just that the gesture was so sweet, and that he noticed. Yeah, I know I'm a bit dramatic but hey.

"Can we go on the Ferris wheel now?" He asks.

"I think you've earned yourself a Ferris wheel ride, yes." I say with a huge grin for no apparent reason. He does a little happy jump. We go to get in line for the Ferris wheel, and since we have our VIP bracelets, we get right on. When I sit down, Liam notices that I'm shaking again.

"Don't worry, it's not like the roller coaster." He says and puts his arm around me. The Ferris wheel starts moving, and somehow, I actually calm down. I relax a little and start to enjoy the ride. Something about being in his arms made me feel safe. I pulled out my iPhone to take some pictures. It was already set on the front camera, so I get a picture of the two of us and the view behind us. Then I switch it to the back camera and get a few pics of everything around me. I put the phone away and go back to enjoying the view.

"Was there anything in particular you wanted to do before the end of your vacation?" He asked.

"Well, I've really been meaning to do some photography. I brought my camera along on the trip and haven't had the chance to take it out yet." I said. I haven't really told that to anyone. I'm not sure how I even thought of it that quickly. Well, I had told about liking photography, but not that I actually had a good camera with me.

"I've seen you taking photos from your phone. They're incredible. I don't mean the selfies, I'm talking about when you find other things you're interested in capturing. I can't wait to see you can do with a camera! How about tonight, the two of us go for a quick photo session?" He suggests.

"That would be amazing." I hug him. We go back to looking at our surroundings. It stays silent for a few minutes. I look in his direction. He's looking opposite me, out the window. He turns around and kisses me. Short, soft, and sweet. He blushes.

"I'm sorry, I..." He starts before I cut him off.

"Don't be" I say, giving him a tiny smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Woaaaahhhhh there ya go. Hope you liked it! As always, vote, comment, whatever you feel like.

Love y'all!

~D