Chapter 4 - Road Trip

I got up the next morning and there was absolutely nothing that could put me down. I was just so excited. Two at a time I brought my suitcases downstairs to bring out to my car. As I'm heading back inside to get two more suitcases, I see that Evan already brought them down.

"Thanks Evan!" I yell upstairs.

"No prob."

All that was left of mine for me to grab was a small backpack, or maybe not so small backpack, that held my phone, laptop, iPad, and a few other things to do on the way to the cabin. Not sure why I'll need them with me in the car though, since I'll be driving.

It was 7:30 a.m. and Cristina was the first person to show up. This really surprised me though because she is NOT a morning person. She walks up to me and asks me to help her load her things into my car. She's bringing just as many bags as I am. I stuffed them into the trunk next to my bags.

"Let's go see if Evan needs help with anything."

We walk inside and Evan's scrambling to get everything together.

"Do you need any help?" I ask.

"Umm yeah, that would be great. Can you two go get some basketballs or something out of the garage?"

"Yeah sure."

"Cool." He sure loves his sports.

Cristina and I go into the garage and just fill a duffel bag with things like basketballs, volley balls, baseballs, baseball bats, soccer balls, etc. We grab the bag and lug it into Evan's car. By now the others have already showed up and packed their things into the cars.

Evan was locking the door just as we started to disperse ourselves into the cars. In my car was Cristina, Ava, and Emma. In Evan's car was Ari and Brittany. I hopped into the car and I see that the entire back is filled with luggage. I don't even want to know what would've happened if we had to pack light.

Everyone else got in the cars and we started to head up the road.

"Hey, can someone pass me the Take Me Home cd? It's in my backpack." Ava hands it to me and at the same time pulls out a bag of chips.

"No eating in the car." I tell her.

"Noooo you're gonna kill meee." she says, whining. I'm still not ready to have crumbs on the floor yet. I pop the cd into the system and it starts playing, making Ava a little happier about the food situation.

"We'll stop in a couple of hours or so for food."

As predicted, my phone starts ringing in about three hours.

"Cristina, can you get that?" I ask as she picks it up and answers it.

"Dr. Smith's office, this is Rosa speaking. How may I help you?" she says as the rest of us are trying our hardest not to burst out laughing. Especially since it's on speaker.

"Don't even try it Crissy. Can Anna hear me?" Evan says, and at this point we can't hold it in any longer and we all start laughing like crazy.

"Yeah she can hear you." she says a little down, disappointed at her failed attempt to prank Evan.

"There's an Italian restaurant about ten miles away. We're stopping there." he says.

"Got it." I tell him, then Cristina hangs up the phone.

When we start getting off at the exit, I'm about to ask someone to call Evan for directions, but then I see that the restaurant is legit the only thing there besides a gas station. I drive up to it and park in the parking spot next to Evan's. Everyone gets out and we walk inside. The waiter asks how many of us there are and walks us to a table.

Since we're in a rush, we didn't order as much as we typically would. About ten minutes later, the waiter brings us our food. As he's handing me my plate of spaghetti, it falls out of his hand and onto my lap. When I said earlier that nothing could bring me down, that wasn't a challenge. The waiter starts freaking out, cleaning up the horrible mess, constantly apologizing. As for the others, they're trying their best not to laugh. I glared at them.

"Here, let me get you a new plate of spaghetti. Is there anything I can get you while it cooks?" the waiter says, his voice cracking. It seriously looks as if he's about to cry.

"No, that's alright, I'm just going to go change." he walks back to the kitchen and I go out to the car. I sure hope this will wash out. When I get to the car I open up my first suitcase and pull out a t-shirt and a pair of sweats. I also grab a plastic bag to put my current clothes in. I walk back inside and head towards the bathroom to change.

When I get back to the table, my new plate of spaghetti is sitting on the table this time, and not on the floor. Wow. That was fast. Anyways, everyone else was almost done eating, so I shoveled in my food.

The waiter comes back and I hand him my credit card. He still looks shaken up. Poor kid. When he brings back my card, we head back to the cars to go to the gas station and fill up the tank.

Then we're back on the road to drive the last stretch.

A few hours later, we arrive at the property where the cabin is located. Let me just say, it's a lot bigger in person than it is in pictures. I was surprised to see that it's actually a three story cabin with a pool in the back. Everyone else appears to be just as surprised as I am. I also saw the other cabin, which appears to be occupied.

Evan came back from the owner's office with the key and a brochure of things to do and information about the cabin. All I want to do right now is get my stuff out of the car and explore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

*Warning: One Direction in the next chapter! :)