Chapter 21 - Potential Problem

I sat in my room admiring my bracelet I got from Liam a little while back, smiling like an idiot. The others had all gone with Evan to drop off Jack at his dad's house for the weekend. I honestly don't know what I feel like doing while they're gone. I settle on going into town. I grab my keys off of the dresser and head out. I haven't been to the mall yet, so I go there.

When I arrive, it's fairly crowded. There were still various parking spots left, but none too close. For a small town, it really is a big mall. Since I don't know my way around, I just park wherever. When I get inside, I find myself extremely lucky to have chosen the food court entrance. I quickly spot a Starbucks.

"What can I get for you?" The guy at the register asks me.

"I'll have a venti vanilla bean frappucino, please."

"Whipped cream?" I think about it a second. I was about to say no, but I was already getting a giant cup full of delicious fat and sugar. Why not add to it?

"Sure."

"Name?"

"Anna." He writes my name down on the cup and hands it to the barista. After I get my drink, I start browsing the mall. The first place I go is Nordstrom. At home, I always liked just looking through the bag section. It was oddly enjoyable. So that's where I went.

The second I get there, I lay my eyes on the cutest tote I have ever seen. It's a Michael Kors blue and white striped small leather tote bag. I glance at the price tag. $258. I did actually have a bit of money of my own saved up, but I wasn't about to make an expensive impulse purchase. I walk over towards the wallets. The Coach wallets are absolutely adorable. I kept walking, passing also the Marc Jacobs, Juicy Couture, and Kate Spade. Then I found a Michael Kors wallet that perfectly matches the tote. That's it. I'm buying them. I've always had an obsession with the blue and white stripes, even before One Direction. I grab the wallet and go over to the employee to get some assistance with the tote bag. She comes back and rings everything up at the register. I hand her my debit card for her to swipe, then she hands me a big bag, with my tote in a box and my wallet.

It's really not as much fun shopping by myself, but I can't say I'm bored either. I love browsing all of the different stores, especially the more local ones that we don't get in New York. I notice a cute little book store and decide to check it out. At least to go to the magazine section and catch up on any news.

I quickly scan some of them. One was a special on the Kardashians, another on Austin Mahone. Of course I also saw a ton of One Direction magazines, most of which I already had. Although one made me do a double take. It has Liam on the front cover, titled, "Did Liam Find Someone Else?" I continued to read the inside.

"British pop star, Liam Payne, was last spotted at an amusement park a few weeks ago when his ex-girlfriend Danielle came to win back his heart. Little did she know, or, little did anyone know, that he had already found someone else. Who is this mystery girl? Sources say that her name is Anna Johnson. No one seems to know how they met, or much of anything about her. Only that she seemed to show up out of no where. Resources will be doing everything they can to get the information YOU want about this mystery relationship in our next issue."

Oh no. I'm really hoping that "resources" doesn't mean that they're send the paparazzi and reporters after us, but I had a really bad feeling that it does. I have never had an encounter with the paparazzi, and I also never planned on one. I grabbed a copy of the magazine and payed for it. I need to show it to Liam. He will know what it means, and possibly what to do about it.

After having only been at the mall for an hour, I left from the stress that was created from reading that article. I came back to the cabin, and without even stopping by, I went straight to the guys' cabin to find Liam. I knock on the door, and sure enough, Liam answer.

"Liam, we may or may not have a crisis." I hand him the magazine. He reads it with a blank expression to where I can't tell what he's thinking.

"Alright. The paps are going to literally hunt us down like wild animals until they get the information they want, so we have to make ourselves easy to get. We don't want to be here because they don't need to know about this place. I like the privacy. So what we'll do, is we'll go to one of the popular restaurants in town for a quick bite and happen to run into reporters. To get their attention first, we'll both tweet about it."

I still didn't like the thoughts of being interviewed, but I guess if its the only way. Well, it's not the only way, but it is the safest way. I repeat the plan back to him to make sure I heard it correctly.

"Also, you don't have to tell them everything. Be vague so that they don't find out too much, just enough for they're satisfaction. They don't need to know any of the details." He adds to his little speech. I nod in comprehension.

"What about Danielle? How are you going to explain everything without hurting her feelings?" I ask, genuinely concerned about her feelings. At the time of the article, I was faking being Liam's girlfriend so that Dani would leave him alone, but we can't tell that to the public.

"I'm going to do anything I can to avoid the subject. Keep in mind I've done a few of these before." I exhaled in relief that he can be sneaky with the reporters, but still worried.

That night, Liam texted me a list of dos and don'ts for dealing with an interview or paparazzi invasion. He also sent me other details about the plan. I never expected that he could have such a devious mind! All the more reason why I love him. Tomorrow is when it will all go down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Helloooo!!!!! Sorry I haven't updated in a bit, I've been really busy with school and stuff. AP exams are rolling in but I'll still try and make time for you all! :)

Aside from that, if you haven't read it yet, I published a one shot called 'Save You Tonight'. It's a short Harry Styles fanfic. It would mean a lot of if you checked it out.

I LOVE YOU ALL TO PIECESSSS!!!!!!! <33333

Byeee

~D