Chapter 33 - Good Morning!

I forgot to close the curtains last night, so the sun wakes me up the seconds it comes in through my large bedroom window. It's about six a.m. and I have nothing better to do than get up so I head into the bathroom to take a shower. After I get out I go into my closet to decide what to wear. I settle on an oversized t-shirt and jean shorts then throw my hair up into a ponytail and go downstairs.

"Well someone's up early!" My mother greets me.

"Maybe a little," I reply. She smiles and offers me some danishes she bought at the store. I take a strawberry one.

"So Liam's sweet," she says, starting a conversation.

"Yeah, he's really great," I can't help but smile at the thought of him. I try to hold it back but it just doesn't work.

"I got to talk to him after you went to bed," she says. Oh god.

"Did you?" I ask.

"Yeah. I was asking him about his upcoming concerts and he said he has one in Florida in a few weeks."

"Did he?" I'm sure she knows I'm playing dumb at this point.

"Yes! And I was waiting to make this a surprise until later, but there's really no point! Your father has a business trip near the house and we were planning on taking a little vacation there. Just so happens to be the same week!" This I was not expecting.

"That's great!" Wow. What were the odds?

"But of course, you know the beach house doesn't have many bedrooms. It's already been decided that Cristina can stay with us, along with her parents. Her father works with yours and they will be attending the same retreat. But as you know, the beach house doesn't have many extra bedrooms, so that's all that can come. Liam will be staying at the hotel across the street with the rest of the boys," she explains. It's really a bummer that not everyone can come. I wish there was a way.

"Is there a way the rest of my friends can come too? You know how close we are," I'm not sure if it'll work but it's worth a shot.

"Not unless they book a hotel. But all the ones nearby have been booked for months. Sorry sweetie," she says. I guess it makes sense that the boys would've booked their hotel back when they booked the concert.

"It's okay, mom. I understand," and I do. There's really not much I can do about it. It would be more fun having everyone, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun. Liam joins us in the kitchen and it looks like he just got up. He's wearing a plain white t-shirt and long grey sweatpants, and his hair's a little tousled.

"Morning sleepyhead," I say and he blushes and quickly runs his hands through his hair to fix it. It doesn't work at all, and if anything it's more messy now, but I don't mind it. It's cute.

"Good morning," he says a little giddy and walks over to the fridge to pull out a banana. "Is it alright if I eat this?"

"You have whatever you find," my mom tells him.

"Great! Thanks so much," he says and I shake my head at him. It's so funny how good of manners he has. If I were hungry I'd just come in here and grab whatever I felt like eating. Granted, I live here, but just about everyone else that's ever visited here does the same thing.

"So we were just discussing Florida!" My mom starts off a conversation.

"Were you?" Liam asks.

"Yes! This was discussed with Cristina's parents months ago, so everything is pretty much all set," she says, bringing Liam up to speed and making it obvious that I at least know about it.

"Awesome! Well, if it's alright, I'm going to sit outside and get some fresh air," he says, mostly to me, silently motioning for me to come with him.

"The air's really not that fresh in the city, but I'll come along," I respond.

"Wow, how do you manage to get clear skies almost daily?" He asks, and I laugh at him.

"It's magic!"

"I'll take that answer."

"Hey, so this guy was texting me last night and was trying to get with me. I just thought it was only fair that I told you," I just flat out say. It needed to be said sooner or later.

"What? I can only assume you said no, right?" He looks worried and I can't help but feel a little bad. I didn't exactly put it lightly.

"Oh, I said MORE than no," I attempt to make him feel better and pull out my phone to find the conversation. As soon as I do, I hand it to him. His eyes get big a few times and I can only hope it's in a good way.

"Oh my goodness, meow! That's my girl," he says, referring to my sass. "Would you mind if I personally beat him up at the party?" He asks and I smile and shake my head.

"You wouldn't," I test him.

"You're right, I wouldn't. But if he laid a hand on you, I most certainly would," he adds, being completely serious and I don't doubt him for a second.

"I know."