Fighting

I was walking home from work, wiping my hands off on my skirt. I had been in a rush to get home and forgot to wash off after handling the axolotls, but I could clean up after I got home, and nobody would get sick from it.

I lived in New York, which, as you might know, is a very bad place to walk through alone at night. Especially when you're a girl. I, however, have a shit ton of self defense stuff, and have no qualms with walking home under the stars.

I was passing the mouth of an alley when something big and green flew past me, followed by fucking lasers. The green thing ran back into the alley, not noticing me, and I peeked around the wall and saw.... turtles.... fighting robots.....

I am by any stretch of the mind a martial arts expert or a battle strategist, but I have enough common sense from watching aquatic animals duke it out for One reason or another to understand the turtles where getting their butts kicked.

The turtles also seemed to be a good guy, saying things like "we won't let you hurt people," or "leave the world alone!" This made me pull out my taser gun and sneak into the alley. Just when one of the robots was about the shoot a turtle, I tased the thing, frying something pink and fleshy in the middle.

The smell made me gag and shudder, but I kept electrocuting the robots when I saw an opening. Things started going well, and I finally saw what they where fighting over; a crate of canisters full of a kind of glowing ooze hanging over the alley by a rope like calamity waiting to happen.

The remaining dented and stabbed robots ran away before one turned around and fired. It missed, and apparently whatever they where firing richocets off metal. The turtles hit the dirt while a purple-pink laser bounced around like a rogue bouncy ball, before it fried the rope. The crate fell and the canisters shattered. I shrieked in surprise and winced as the glowing whatever landed on me.

The turtles stared at me in shock, and I was confused.

And then the unbelievable pain began.